Strength

Old 02-15-2011, 01:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Strength

It has been 5 weeks that I have stuck to my guns. Yesterday, I had a moment but still stayed strong. He bought a dozen roses for Valentine Day and I jsut said thanks. He tried to kiss me goodbye and I told him, please don't and turned my head.

This is so hard but has to be done. In my mind I am separated although we are still in the same house. Anyone who has dealt with the living with them but feeling separated, please send some tips.

Thanks!!
Old 02-15-2011, 01:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Honey,
I am right there with you. I am totally over him. But, having to stay here for at least a few more months. Now that I have disconnecetd from him he is nice. But, too little too late. He still doesn't do anything to help our family and drinks.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Get out often. When I was where you are I spent a lot of time out of the house, either at friends or to see a movie.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Refuse to have any kind of serious discussion (or even lengthy) while he is under the influence.
If he has some serious topic, take note, tell him you will discuss it as soon as he gets home from work the next day BEFORE he touches a drop of alcohol. Make sure he hears the "before you touch a drop of alcohol" line.
There's nothing worse than trying to work on a relationship while one person is discussing it under the influence. (or ending one for that matter).
Whenever he is drinking, find your own escape. A spare bedroom with a tv, your computer room, a nap, wherever, anywhere but where he is while intoxicated.

And don't sweat the small stuff!
Old 02-16-2011, 12:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is weird because this time around, I do not even feel like talking to him, drunk or sober. It is funny how you can get the attitude of, why bother talking to them when you know it is going just be QUACKING anyways.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I suggest Godiva chocolates and a new pair of shoes are in your immediate future. Maybe a movie. All by your self. Try it.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ok, I will get the shoes to boot him in the arse with!! My bad! I just got in a quacking session with him. Why do I bother. His version, he has not drank in over a month and what is my problem. He says I am so miserable! Yes, because I am still living in a house with an active A in denial.

Hope this place sells quickly when it goes on the market!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

what? You don't like chocolate?
Old 02-16-2011, 06:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

she must be allergic...I will take them.

avoiding all quacking is not as easy as it sounds, JRG! (((((((hugs)))))))))))
Old 02-17-2011, 11:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Doesn't everyone like chocolate?? The shoes sound better right now and I will not have to hit the treadmill to burn them off...