A nice Valentine

Old 02-14-2011, 01:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A work in progress

A nice Valentine

I got a Valentine's Day card today from my first husband and his wife and my kids. It was individually signed by him, his wife, and the kiddo still living at home.

It really made me smile. I'm not much for sending cards, so I didn't send any, but they always send me one. I'll call them later to thank them.

I'm a lucky, lucky person to have relationships like that--I'm glad I'm sober today to truly appreciate it.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting such a positive Valentine's Day post, Lexie.

I was reminiscing about the Valentine's Day that he brought me flowers--and then went out with his girlfriend.

Or the time I searched high and low for a Valentine's Day card that didn't say "I love you."

I've matured a bit. And although I am taking a "breather" in just two weeks and moving out for at least 6 weeks, I do love him. I bought him a nice card and his favorite chocolates. I don't believe I'm being hypocritical, because I truly am at the point where I'm doing what I have to do BECAUSE I love him and I love me.

You ought to be proud for building that relationship with your ex and family. I'm sure you deserve it.

Happy Valentine's Day to all of us.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm a lucky, lucky person to have relationships like that--I'm glad I'm sober today to truly appreciate it.
Yes, you are lucky to have relationships like that.
and, i am grateful for your sobriety and mine.
Happy Valentines Day!
or
Happy Victory Day!