Notices

Introducing myself....

Old 02-13-2011, 10:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Introducing myself....

My name is Todd and I'm glad I found this forum. I've been sober for 49 days and life has certainly changed in many ways. Reading through many threads has made me realize that these things are normal. I've was a heavy drinker for the better part of 15 years. It started out like most, a weekend binge drinker. In the past few years I had started to drink more days a week than not. I've always exercised regularly but it really started to catch up to me in the past year or so. The last night I drank I was sick and hungover before I went to bed. My energy levels had diminished substantially as well. I quit cold turkey and I've had my good days and bad. I've had those superman days. One of the biggest changes is the lack of real highs and lows. My perspective on life changed like the wind shortly after I stopped. Sometimes I feel like life is almost to conscious with no break from reality. My emotions have been a roller coaster ride. I only want to drink again on the bad days. I'm pretty strong willed but realize I'm far from out of the woods. I'm going to stop by often and lean on other peoples experience and hopefully help others down the road.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Brave Heart

Welcome!

Having 49 days of sobriety is quite an accomplishment.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you, Todd! I think it is wonderful, no matter how many years it is before we wake up and hear..."life is short, get with the program"!!!!!
I am new here also, just hooked up with the site by accident. Needed to find some instructions on how to detox from Fiorecet with codeine, from home! I have taken it for migraine headaches for 43 years, a long, long time! As my body became immune to it, I was taking more and more, not realizing it until one day the rebound headaches put me in the ER after I'd had 15 capsules in one day! That was last September, 2010. In one way, it was like a new beginning for me, after suffering with migraines for 63 years....now you know how old I am if you do the math! LOL. What it all has turned into is, I finally found out what was causing the headaches...a deformed artery in my brain and neck!
So now I am detoxing....so difficult! So much pain, I am afraid I will end up in the ER again...I don't want that!
Anyway, nice to meet you....and good luck with staying clean, you deserve a wonderful life, everyone does....we all get off from the straight and narrow in
one way or other in our lifetimes. I will check back once in awhile to see
how you are doing.
Take care...CAN

Last edited by Imisspenny; 02-13-2011 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 02-13-2011, 11:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to both of our new members...
Todd.... .....Imisspenny....

Wishing the two of you a healthy future as you improve
Old 02-13-2011, 11:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Todd

D
Old 02-14-2011, 08:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Best of luck Penny. You can do it!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the best recovery site everywhere.