F and F rocks

Old 02-12-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

F and F rocks

Did anyone ever wonder why there are always and I mean always more people on the F and F forum than any other forum on SR? I guess we are just lucky to have so much support from one another.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes because we are brave enough to come here and get answers!!! When most addicts dont want to hear the truth. We are so strong and brave, we deserve a medal!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 05:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

I am grateful for F&F.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
I am grateful for F&F.
Me, too. It's been a lifeline at times!
Old 02-12-2011, 07:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am brand new here, but I have learned so much already, and everyone is so kind to take time and respond to me...thanks so much!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 08:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am so grateful to this Forum! Thank you, everyone! You are all part of my recovery!
Old 02-12-2011, 09:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

SR is a lifeline to sanity !!
We rock !!
Old 02-13-2011, 12:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I get so much from everyone's stories here: those who just join us starting out trying to get to grips with an insane situation, reeling from the pain and sadness and anger; those who have done lots of hard but obviously worthwhile work on themselves; the double winners who share their experiences from both sides; those within and outside of ongoing relationships with A's, those embracing 12 step recovery or finding other paths through; everyone at every stage of their journey.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

And we love all of you!

Honestly, I will tell anyone who asks that SR and Al Anon saved my life. I found this place during some of my darkest hours, late at night, when I didn't know where else to turn. Back in those days we would have Friday night "dance parties" and we'd tell some jokes and laugh ourselves silly. Yes, it was part of our recovery to laugh and have some fun in the midst of the pain and sadness of our situations. We listened to one another, we lifted each other up, we shared recovery resources, we lovingly challenged one another without being too critical, we held each other accountable.

And we - most of us anyway - we got better. Slowly, one day at a time, our lives improved, whether our A continued to drink or not. Some are still here, and some have moved on.

And this group of FFA people? You're similar. I love watching you grow. And I love how you work to keep our safe place SAFE and welcoming to newcomers.

Thanks for being here. It matters, and we appreciate you very much.

Hugs
Cats
Forum Mod
Old 02-13-2011, 06:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

I found this forum when I was sitting at work overnight after running away from my own apartment. If it wasn't for the people here, I would have never figured out the circle I was on, and that his behavior really was abuse, much less had the courage to put the "X" in "XABF" and move on to trying to sort out me.

You guys really are the best. <3
Old 02-13-2011, 08:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CatsPajamas View Post
Honestly, I will tell anyone who asks that SR and Al Anon saved my life. I found this place during some of my darkest hours, late at night, when I didn't know where else to turn.
ditto.

i was too ashamed of myself and my situation to really come clean with my nearest and dearest. even today, with a year behind me (is that really true? wow.) i know i would not tell my closest girlfriends how ugly things were and how sick i was.

i think in f & f, we have a couple things going for our strong membership. first of all, we ARE caretaker types. we love to help others and give ADVICE. secondly, we know from where we've come (once out of the acute stage) and we know that we get better because we help one another, lead one another through that darkness and into the light, so to speak.

i think that it is quite typical in the a.a. circles to have a tough time asking for help, and then sustaining it. that sustaining power - from what i've observed - is often lacking. it is the nature of the beast, and why "surrender" is so necessary, and powerful.