Pop Culture but the perfect example-Lindsay Lohan

Old 02-09-2011, 10:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pop Culture but the perfect example-Lindsay Lohan

Pop culture or celebrity problems don't always apply but I've seen this picture before in more ways than one.

Lohan pleads not guilty to felony theft charge - *****! News

She simply doesn't get it. The sense of entitlement...arghhhh. Now here she is an adult with the resources to not only deal with her personal problems but also has the resources to deal with her problems. She could see shrinks and therapists out the whazoo and still have money left over to crush, sue and/or eliminate the alleged source of her problems-her parents. But nooooo.

I've seen the sense of entitlement thing with in family, the rules don't apply to them. But sooner or later they wind up getting the rules applied... TO THEM. It's the lag time that stinks.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The more I focus on other people's issues the less time I have to focus on my own issues.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

All the shrinks, therapists, counselors, etc. in the world are not going to get someone clean and sober if they are not willing to do the work. I don't know what is going through Miss Lohan's mind, and frankly I do not care, but it certainly does not strike me that she has the willingness, so as I said money or no money, it does not really make much difference.

Most of the people I know who are successfully recovering from addiction are not people of financial means. And I know more well off people than I care to count who have been slowly succumbing to addiction for years. In this business, money or lack thereof is NOT the deciding factor.

And as outtolunch said what happens to her really ought to be of no concern to anyone other than her family and anyone else intimately involved with her...
Old 02-11-2011, 04:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

"It's the lag time that stinks."

That's going on my mirror.