Notices

Relapsed this weekend,,On Day 2, but worse

Old 02-08-2011, 02:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapsed this weekend,,On Day 2, but worse

than last day 2. Got zero sleep last night, have NO appettite ( therapist suggested because of adrenlaline)....when do you start to feel and look better..I feel an look horrible
Old 02-08-2011, 03:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living In The Now

Feeling and looking good happens with time. You need to persevere with your recovery. Trust me IT DOES GET BETTER. You just have to have the faith to let it get better and think positively. I know this may sound hard from the place you are coming from but trust me IT DOES GET BETTER!

Good luck.

Tom x
Old 02-08-2011, 04:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back JediTrey

For me it was a waiting game - I wanted to feel better right away dammit...and I didn't.

So many times that took me back to drinking.

When I came here to SR someone told me if you walk 10 miles into a wood you can't expect to get out again in a few steps....

That's how it is with feeling better - it takes time and a little bit of effort and faith to stay the course...but if your experience is anything like mine, and you hang in there and commit yourself to staying sober, you will feel better.

The thing is JT...if you want your life to change, you need to change it - and that means making different, better choices.

Posting here is good - but sometimes I think we have to think about casting our net a little wider. Did you think about avenues of support, like AA SMART or a similar group, or counselling?

D
Old 02-08-2011, 04:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Sorry to hear you're feeling so bad..... I've read a lot of posts here where people say that day 2 was worse than day 1. Withdrawals themselves also get worse each time.

I hope you feel better soon and that you never have to go through this again. It's really hard to keep going through the vicious cycle. Hang in there.........
Old 02-08-2011, 04:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
HFA

I couldnt sleep for 2 weeks or so. Still felt hung over some mornings. But with each day it gets better. Now, 225 days later, most days are very good.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

you have to stay clean to be closer to feeling better ... we don't have to use no matter what, we can learn a new way to live.

so if this is a worse "day 2" than the last one...that's some pretty good information for ya.

give yourself a chance,
Missy
Old 02-08-2011, 04:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had to learn patience when I stopped drinking.

It will likely take more than 2 days before you start feeling better, but stay focused.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks for everyone posting your responses, this is day 2 for me - I have hours left alone and I'm fighting off "just having a beer". last night was decision night and it didn't end until 3am - just thinking about how I am going to do this.

I want to tell my wife that I am trying (again) but don't know if I should for fear of failing. She wants me dry, I want me dry. I smashed my highball glass as a symbolic gesture for myself and feel really proud. I want to tell her I took that hugely mental step but really don't know if I can handle an eye roll or "whatever" response.... I feel like I'm going to have to do this alone.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hite...I think this is one of those deals where you won't be getting an Atta Boy from your wife. I spose maybe the eye roll comes in with not wanting to get her hopes up. AA is the only place that gives rewards.
But I think...(not that you asked) maybe you could tell her. Maybe she will be the support that you need! Sobriety is one of those 'Actions speak louder than words' type of deal. Hang in there. I felt ALOT better once I got two weeks in.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well you know it takes time, but if you stay sober, you should be feeling and looking better soon!

I remember once after a relapse that a friend here at SR suggested to eat! Try to eat something nutritious.

Hope you feel better soon.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hitekredneck View Post
thanks for everyone posting your responses, this is day 2 for me - I have hours left alone and I'm fighting off "just having a beer". last night was decision night and it didn't end until 3am - just thinking about how I am going to do this.

I want to tell my wife that I am trying (again) but don't know if I should for fear of failing. She wants me dry, I want me dry. I smashed my highball glass as a symbolic gesture for myself and feel really proud. I want to tell her I took that hugely mental step but really don't know if I can handle an eye roll or "whatever" response.... I feel like I'm going to have to do this alone.
Welcome...you don't have to do this alone.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you MsCooter - It's not lost on me that I don't deserve the atta boy. She's lost enough sleep and added years with the stress I've put her through. I'll keep going, silently. I can already here my buddies giving me sh**. They're good guys and will support me (they did the last time I tried this and didn't stick with it).

Baby steps - reminds me of Bill Murray in the movie what about Bob. Baby steps away from the bottle, baby steps away from the beer bottle....