Notices

Hello, I am Hope

Old 02-05-2011, 09:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello, I am Hope

Hello everyone, my name is Hope and I live close to Seattle Washington.

I have been drinking for the last 16 years and realized in November it was time to stop. I started outpatient therapy at that time as well as AA. I never really was able to make it past day 5 before I would mess up again.

I have now managed to screw everything up to a point that my husband and child will not speak to me. I did not take the counceling seriously and because of that my insurance is only giving me one last chance to not screw up. I now know I have hit my bottom and truly want to get hlep. I have never felt so alone and so much of a stranger in my own home. Thursday I wouldn't even get out of bed, Friday I managed to go to work but I came home and stayed in my room. Today I woke up crying again but I realize that the only way things are going to change is if I do something about it. I am going to force myself out of bed, go to the gym, go to an AA meeting, stop by the bookstore and pick up more AA books, stop by church and pray to God that my family will some day forgive me. I guarantee none of this will not be an easy task for me.

I am willing to do whatever it takes to get healthy and I am hoping this forum will help when I am not at therapy or AA. Thanks for listening and I look forward to getting to know all of you.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hi, Hope,

I understand wanting to hit the gym and the bookstore (I'm a big reader, myself) and church for good measure, but you might be better served by asking for a sponsor at your meeting today and getting together with them for some time to start working on the Steps.

If you want to get past day 5 and all the way to "happy, joyous and free," that's the way to do it.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Welcome! Glad you are taking steps to recover.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Hope-- welcome. I'll echo LexieCat-- you'll get a lot of different advice on how not to drink. The only thing that ever worked for me was doing the steps of Alcoholics Anonymous.

I don't want to drink anymore.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome!!!
Old 02-05-2011, 12:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Hope
You'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 02-05-2011, 03:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our recovery community...
Old 02-05-2011, 03:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Glad you're here and wanting to get out of the vicious cycle. This can be the beginning of a better life and it sounds like you're ready. Remember to take it a day at a time and put your sobriety first..... I hope that things eventually work out with your family. Each day sober is a chance to heal....
Old 02-05-2011, 04:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, Hope!

I sure do remember feeling so very lost and alone when my husband and kids were so tired of me. It was such an awful time. But, you can recover and you don't have to go through this again.