Notices

A sense of belonging...

Old 02-05-2011, 05:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

Talking A sense of belonging...

Finally made it to my first AA meeting last night. The local all Women's group. Been trying to get there for two weeks now. Been sick with a URI.

I have to admit. This is the first real sense of belonging ANYWHERE I have had in years!!!!!!!!!!! After I left the meeting I felt elated. I really felt like I CAN DO THIS.

Surprisingly, in spite of Aunt Flow showing up this morning (I have a REAL hard time the first few days of her visit) I still have that feeling of empowerment. That happiness one gets when you know you belong. The comfort you get when you're finally HOME.

I'm going to another meeting tonight. I have a feeling my next addiction will be AA meetings. The experts say that addicts will replace one addiction with another. I think AA will be mine.

My past two sober weeks I have sat back an noticed the devil at work trying to get me to keep drinking. My home life has taken a turn for the worse, I've been fighting being sick and not able to get to a meeting prolonging that much needed suppport one needs at this time, Aunt Flow came aknockin', I'm having car troubles, etc, etc, etc.

So I'm taking this time this morning to REBUKE the works of SATAN and let GOD into my life. If GOD can walk with me through one meeting and show me the light. I'm sure he'll be here for the rest. :ghug3
Old 02-05-2011, 05:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

It isn't the Devil who's giving you those thoughts of drinking--it's your alcoholism. Our brains get damaged by this disease, and our thinking becomes very sick.

Fortunately, your Higher Power is bigger and stronger than your alcoholism.

So happy you got a lot out of the meeting. Now, find a home group and get a sponsor who will take you through the Steps, and you are really on your way!
Old 02-05-2011, 05:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

Wink Ok then

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
It isn't the Devil who's giving you those thoughts of drinking--it's your alcoholism.
Ok then I REBUKE that too