Big Mistake, Should Have Sent His Mail

Old 02-04-2011, 08:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Big Mistake, Should Have Sent His Mail

After over 2 weeks of being gone, my AH has been contacting me about his mail at the house. I should have just sent it to his job. Yesterday, I agreed to meet him in the convenience store parking lot down the street. He got in the passenger seat. I should have locked the doors and cracked the window open a little. Long story short, let the blubbering begin... I amazed myself, I remained calm. I was unemotional and matter of fact. He said the usual, he's a mess without me, can't function, came in dead last in sales for the month at work, bosses called him into the office to ask what's going on with him. So now I even get blamed for his poor work performance? Gee, thanks. Can't eat, sleep and is vomiting blood and getting bloody noses all the time. I told him to visit a Dr. I'm not a Dr. and can't help him with that. He's says it's from the stress of him not being home. Um, hello? Got mad every time I used the word "alcoholic". "Stop calling me that, I'm not an alcoholic!" I changed the term. to "people who have a drinking problem" and he didn't seem to notice. My God. He actually had the gall to tell me that he just wants to be "normal". By that , he said he wants to be able to come home after work and only drink 2 beers to "relax". "every man does that". Made no mention of a recovery plan, AA nothing. Wants me to invite him back and he'll moderate his drinking. He "promises". Holy cow! Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt! How many times do you have to try to "moderate" your drinking before you figure out it doesn't work? It never does!! I spent 45 minutes in my car picturing Daffy Duck in my passenger seat. Quackity Quack Quack!!! I could barely look at him. I came home, cooked a big dinner for me and the kids, and plopped my butt on the couch for some comedic relief (American Idol) I know, I know not everyone's cup of tea. It didn't destroy my night like I thought it would. Guess thats good. Feeling good today, except for one sad thing which is totally OT. I'm a huge Yankees fan and my favorite, adorable player, Andy Pettitte, just had a press conference announcing his retirement. I'm sad about that, bleak baseball season for me this year!Thanks for listening guys.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So happy for you. You sound like you have your own head straight. I am a little jealous. Part of me still desperately wants to believe the quacking and I let it hold me back from moving forward without him. I needed to hear your post today. Sort of inspiration for me. Thanks.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

So glad you did not fall for it Corkel.

Here's the link to the USPS Change of Address Form.
https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/ic...execution=e1s1
Old 02-04-2011, 09:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oooooo, sorry you had to live through that display. You held up beautifully!

Yes, I think having his mail forwarded will mean fewer opportunities for him to intrude on your peace and serenity.

Hugs, HG
Old 02-04-2011, 09:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You handled that so well. I know it felt good to come home to a home that is your sanctuary. Good for you
Old 02-04-2011, 12:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Old 02-04-2011, 12:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Long story short, let the blubbering begin... I amazed myself, I remained calm. I was unemotional and matter of fact. He said the usual, he's a mess without me, can't function, came in dead last in sales for the month at work, bosses called him into the office to ask what's going on with him. So now I even get blamed for his poor work performance?
I love that line, "let the blubbering begin......
And every problem he has is your fault.
good god.

Beth
Old 02-04-2011, 12:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oooooooo Andy Pettitte!!! He used to be an Astro before ya'll stole him from us. What a BABE!!!...and a pretty good ball player, too!
Old 02-04-2011, 12:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Go you!

I love Daffy Duck.. I'll never be able to look at him in the same way again .. lol

Tx
Old 02-04-2011, 01:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

BRAVO! Good for you being so strong. Keep at it.

Quack, Quack, Quack. that's all he has to say.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well Done!!!

Whats your plan with his mail form now on?

There will be other ploys to engage you too but i am sure you can handle them
Old 02-04-2011, 02:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Corkel, you are amazing! XAH actually forwarded some of his mail to my apartment after I left him and moved out. WTF? "I wanted to be sure I got it, so I know you'd give it to me." I am not your mailbox, buddy. Line through and "Not At This Address - Return to Sender" written on it when he failed to change it and I didn't know where he was crashing.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Yeah, I bet you forward his mail from now on.

GOOD JOB on not succumbing to the quacking.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I think you handled it perfectly, sorry he laid all that on you but way to go you!
Old 02-04-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Corkel - you're awesome and your kids are lucky to have you !
Old 02-04-2011, 10:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I admire your strength. Wish I had some of that there.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:25 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

isn't it great to just go home after something stressful and trying, come in, close the door and AH isn't there!

isn't it great to go home, cook what YOU want to eat, and settle in for a quack free night, watching what YOU want.

you did great, corkel. i agree with the advice above to determine a plan so that you don't have to deal with his mail anymore.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:08 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks all for your sweet words! I did tell him that he has to fill out a change of address card at the post office. I'm sure he won't, will probably feel too "permanent" for him. Looking forward to going to the movies with my daughter today, hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 02-05-2011, 07:41 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

:rotfxkohere is the QUACK...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
duckcartoon.jpg (26.5 KB, 36 views)