Notices

Someone make up my mind?!confused?!

Old 02-03-2011, 05:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Someone make up my mind?!confused?!

Well i went to the assessment today for detox and to my suprise they may not take me, And it's not because of insurance. The way it was explained to me is this
1. my anxiety is to high, and i'd probably bounce after a day(thier words)?
2. The way they detox is a librium taper...after speaking with admissions in person today.
they doubt i could handle it.
Basically, before a complete evaluation they(the recovery clinic) said no problem just waiting for a bed which would of been today or tomorrow. After the evaluation they figured out that yes i do have (generalized anxiety disorder) and meds are neccessary.They're not equipped to deal with my case so they're calling around to other clinics...sux...i went from motivated to who the h*ll is going to help me?
i had a psychiatrist do the same thing a month ago...within the 1st 3 minutes of the appointment he said no xanax....at the end of the hour he said he completly understands why i'm on xanax and reccomended not to stop....SOMEONE MAKE UP MY MIND!!!

On a side note...i can't stand fakers who use these meds to get high or get a rush....it makes it nearly impossable for the people with real debilatating anxiety disorders to get treatment!
Old 02-03-2011, 06:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

wow.... sorry to hear that, mesh. When I went to my first rehab center (the more expensive one, of course), they dealt with all kinds of issues..... lots of dual diagnosis, eating disorders, bipolar, addiction.... you name it. My insurance covered it because I had severe depression in addition to alcohol abuse.

The second time I went, they didn't have the psychiatrists (and only one MD that came a few times a week). It was strictly for drug and alcohol addiction and didn't address other issues. Maybe that's the kind of place you're talking about.

It really does suck, though, when you're willing to get help and they refuse to give it to you. Hopefully, after checking around, they can come up with some alternatives...... I'm praying you can get the help you need....
Old 02-03-2011, 06:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR from a fellow Buckeye.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry mesh...I'll be hoping things work out and you can find the kind of place you need

D
Old 02-03-2011, 06:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I read my post and hope noone was left with the impression that i tried to "fake out the admissions"....i was uncomfortable upfront, and honest....just needed to throw that in rather then edit.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're getting the run-around.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

They said they deal with dual-diagnosis before i went???...i was actually excited to go....nervous but ready.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Are there any other facilities you could check out?
Old 02-03-2011, 06:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes...they're checking others for me...i was just ready....and i recently lost my job...my daughter wife cars and townhouse are not going to pay for themselves...i'm just in a hurry...i'm thankful that i may have a fallback....but timing is a key component in life! If i turn around and resume my career tomorrow...i'd unfortunatly have to follow that process and forgo this process...sux.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mesh12121 View Post
I read my post and hope noone was left with the impression that i tried to "fake out the admissions"....i was uncomfortable upfront, and honest....just needed to throw that in rather then edit.
I would never think that. Hopefully they will find some place for you soon.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I think i have to steal your quote ms brown...sry
Old 02-03-2011, 07:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It is yours for the taking!!! Such a good daily reminder for us all...
Old 02-03-2011, 07:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hey, she stole it from someone else... she just doesn't know WHOM.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mesh12121 View Post
Well i went to the assessment today for detox and to my suprise they may not take me, And it's not because of insurance. The way it was explained to me is this
1. my anxiety is to high, and i'd probably bounce after a day(thier words)?
2. The way they detox is a librium taper...after speaking with admissions in person today.
they doubt i could handle it.
Basically, before a complete evaluation they(the recovery clinic) said no problem just waiting for a bed which would of been today or tomorrow. After the evaluation they figured out that yes i do have (generalized anxiety disorder) and meds are neccessary.They're not equipped to deal with my case so they're calling around to other clinics...sux...i went from motivated to who the h*ll is going to help me?
i had a psychiatrist do the same thing a month ago...within the 1st 3 minutes of the appointment he said no xanax....at the end of the hour he said he completly understands why i'm on xanax and reccomended not to stop....SOMEONE MAKE UP MY MIND!!!

On a side note...i can't stand fakers who use these meds to get high or get a rush....it makes it nearly impossable for the people with real debilatating anxiety disorders to get treatment!

I should have mentioned that to you, I dunno what I was thinking, I apologize. I was on Klonopin because I had terrible tremors in my hands, and I went into rehab with a prescription the doctor at the hosptial wrote me, well the rehab flipped crap and said they wouldn't give it to me because it's a controlled substance etc etc... well I did not like that answer and somehow I got them to agree to just help me taper off of it. Well those lying sons of bitches were just giving me a placebo because it wasn't helping me at all. They will not allow you to take a controlled substance in rehab, believe me.

I will just tell you something that I probably shouldn't... but whatever. Just sneak them in your sock or something, wrap them in something that won't make noise and keep them close to you all the time and don't tell ANYONE in rehab you have them and you'll get away with it. If you really need them I would rather have you get into rehab and get some actual help than shy away because they won't let you have them.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I will just tell you something that I probably shouldn't... but whatever. Just sneak them in your sock or something, wrap them in something that won't make noise and keep them close to you all the time and don't tell ANYONE in rehab you have them and you'll get away with it. If you really need them I would rather have you get into rehab and get some actual help than shy away because they won't let you have them.
Yeah you probably shouldn't.
I think that's pretty terrible advice, myself.

D
Old 02-04-2011, 06:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I did reply to you on the other thread you started.
The link I gave you has many examples as well as
informational links.

Please take the time to read it...