Notices

Just Need to Vent

Old 02-02-2011, 03:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just Need to Vent

Here in the midwest; we are in the midst of digging out from a massive blizzard. It was expected; the weatherman has been predicting this for days. ALL WEEK long, people on my facebook page (and in real life) have been talking about all the drinking they are going to be doing while they are snowed in. For example: "have to get to the store and stock up on Baily's and hot cocoa before the storm!" then everyone will comment on all the booze they are stockpiling for the big storm. Or: (at noon) "is it too early to open a bottle of wine?" then several comments encouraging the original poster that it is perfectly normal to drink a bottle of wine at noon on a Wednesday because the whole city is shut down and no one has to work. And my next door neighbor (after shoveling the alley between our houses and his porch god bless him) stood on his porch and 9AM and began drinking Miller Lite. I can honestly say that was the earliest I have ever seen anyone drink publicly aside from sporting events (I consider his front porch to be "public" when it is in clear view of all the neighbors.)Since when does snowstorm=drinking?

Vent over. Carry on.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Maybe when they get a day off during the week, they want to do something that would normally be relegated to weekends when they don't have to work. Meh...it's a personal decision and we must remember, most people don't have a problem with alcohol. Those of us who do might be a little jealous. In any case, if I wasn't an alcoholic and had spent a few hours shoveling snow, I might feel like I deserve a cold brew, too.