OT please send some good vibes my way..

Old 02-01-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Arrow OT please send some good vibes my way..

So my mom has finally let go of the house we had always lived in (full of memories of my dad and too large for her to live alone) so it is officially on sale. People have visited it and we had our first offer. It was low so we decided to wait a little. There was another visitor, a famous singer (now an older lady) that has $$ and is interested to live near her friend who is a neighbor. I am wishing she makes an offer.

My mom is moving to her home state (Oaxaca). Way more relaxed than Mex city and full of life, charm, tradition & good food, good weather. We love it.

We are thinking perhaps we can buy 2 small homes with the money we will be given. Maybe she can live in the capital. And the other home can be mine. I was thinking I would rather live near the beach in Huatulco. I have seen some small studios/apartments where I can imagine myself living happily. I don't need much.

I am getting all excited with the idea. BUT - I am not sure if my current employer would accept the idea of me relocating. My boss is in the US anyway, and I have coworkers in my same team that are located in other states (although they are in a higher level) so I am hoping there is a chance I could relocate too.

I don't have anything to attach me here and of course I would take my cats with me... can you imagine! I would be able to do my yoga, learn how to surf (or more like "make a fool of myself"), have my Mom nearby. Those towns are so artistic I would also live drawing & painting... it would be wonderful!! Oh and no longer seeing XABF.

I need to schedule a call with my boss. I am nervous. Oh well. If I am NOT allowed to move, the option is to buy a small house here and be happy anyway.

Please send good vibes so the boss is in a good mood and he says yes or at least gives me some hope it can be done in the future....
Old 02-01-2011, 01:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was just told that the Lord was talking to me. I don't believe in "The Lord" but for some reason, my reply was, I know...and I meant it.
Perhaps the Lord is talking to you right now and providing you with some options.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

We are getting all excited about upgrading our cars (nothing fancy but at least newer ones) and I am getting excited about no longer paying rent and no longer dealing with landlords... oh and having my own kitchen to try out recipes !!

Thanks Shellcrusher!!
Old 02-01-2011, 01:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm rooting for you TC *hugs*

Tx
Old 02-01-2011, 01:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks tallulah.. ! you don't know how much hope you gave me with your other thread.. I already feel in a healthier place but I still have a long way to go!

I have also realized I no longer want to move abroad... I want to be with my mom often, cook with her... that is the most important thing. She is not going to be around forever and a recent post from Jadmack helped me realize this, this is what gives me peace. I have called her more often and last weekend we went to a Yanni concert. It was wonderful. We enjoyed it very much. (BTW he is very very good looking and has a charming smile!!)

Thanks Jadmack and everyone. Sending the "meeting request" to my boss now...
Old 02-01-2011, 01:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Look how far we have come babe! It's awesome sauce!

I'm sending all the love and positive stuff I can to you for you to find your happy place. You're remarkable.. don't EVER forget that x

Tx
Old 02-01-2011, 01:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Good luck!

Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way!
Old 02-01-2011, 02:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Looking around at the snow and icicles hanging from the roof, I can tell you that I miss Mexico very much.
Mexicans have no idea how lucky they are to have such abundant sunshine, warm temperatures, and fresh produce that isn't trucked for weeks up north to places like near me.
Wherever you end up, you will make it your own place, and find your serenity there, and that is what is important.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sounds wonderful! I am hoping it all works out for you!
Old 02-01-2011, 02:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh, Yay! Hugs TC and TC's Mom. I'm excited about the prospect of new homes for you guys! I'm sure it was a hard decision, but I have faith it will work out for both of you!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

So I finally talked to my boss.

He said:
"I have no problem but let me ask your local HR director. I will tell you in a couple of days"

We don't like each other very much but I hope she has no issues with me working somewhere else. She knows I have no family here.

I was thinking I would stay here until our house sells, and meanwhile keep on with the therapy and find out what is most convenient thing for me...

I feel nervous when I ask for things for myself.. but now I feel GREAT
Old 02-15-2011, 09:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
I feel nervous when I ask for things for myself.. but now I feel GREAT
Yay!

C'mon, HR person, say "Yes!"
Old 02-15-2011, 10:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

We have a friend from Oaxaca-- she's an amazing cook. My wife is from El Salvador-- she's also an amazing cook (I wonder where my belly came from?). When they cook alone it's amazing. When they cook together magical things happen.

Based on that, I volunteer to test your recipes, even if that means flying to Oaxaca to do it!

Good luck!

Cyranoak
Old 02-15-2011, 10:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Still sending good vibes that HR lady will be reasonable! This sounds like a new start for you! fingers crossed for you..........
Old 02-15-2011, 10:23 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oh WOW..so exciting!

Sorry I missed it earlier! I hope this all comes out seamlessly!
Old 02-15-2011, 10:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Yeah!! happy for you!! Isn't aking control of your life and making it truly your own wonderful!
Old 02-15-2011, 10:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Yes it is!!

My grandmom used to cook wonderful!! and my mom cooks great as well!! they both always said its the love one feels when cooking...

Now I am getting all excited

Oaxaca city has issues with water but there is a town nearby that doesn't and its where a famous artist (Toledo) has his international art school. My mom and I wish to enroll!

Jadmack's thread about her mom made me realize I need to be next to my mom and we need to support each other.... I mean I could move elsewhere when the time comes & she is no longer around.... one of the many things I am so grateful for SR... getting closer to my mom.

Of course all of you will be welcome in our home whenever you visit, I always say going there is a cure for depression, so much life & color its IMPOSSIBLE to feel bad! there are many foreigners & tourists....

Please please please HP...
I will let you know what happens !! thank for the good vibes.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:59 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

My grandmother was Italian. Food is love to the latins

I'm crossing everything I got for you TC.

*hugs*

Tx
Old 02-18-2011, 08:09 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
gns

Good luck, TC999!!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:38 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

So I haven't heard back from the boss or from anyone. .. yesterday my team lead called me but it was about something else.

I don't want to be "pushy" but I will send a friendly reminder to my boss to ask the HR director... he said he needed around 2 days... ok..by the end of today I'll send the reminder...

I am here enduring tons of stress in the office with XABF on top of it and having had really odd sleep hours due to my on call rotation, and I wonder why the hell I have put up with this for so long. I really really need a break.

Thanks for the good vibes!!