Notices

Hi Marni here, thought l'd say hi

Old 01-31-2011, 08:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Hi Marni here, thought l'd say hi

l am a suburban wife and mother who also happens to be an alcoholic l found this site about 4 weeks ago and have started using it as a big part of my recovery but have not really told my story so here it is
l never really can remember exactly when l "crossed the line and it all turned ugly"about 2001. l drank wine at home alone. l would drink after night shift until l passed out then get up for a couple of hours, drink some more and go to work drunk. l had everyone fooled, except my husband and daughters, no-one would ever have guessed l was an alcoholic. All lined up in a neat little row were the yets right in my face, my job, my marriage, my licence, and all the other yets . l didn't know what to do or where to go, my gran, an alcoholic, died never attempting to become sober... hence my user name.. she was known as Marnie. Oh l tried too many times to count not drinking until a certain time, only having X number of drinks, never even went 1 day sober, l was an individual living on the outside my family. My husband barely spoke to me and my girls never bothered to acknowledge my presence (not that l was really there). After a nasty argument with my best friend l finally said the words out loud "I AM AN ALCOHOLIC AND MY LIFE IS UNMANAGEABLE" now l had to do something about it. When l told my husband l was going into rehab he just replied "thank god" and those 2 words broke my heart. Well l've now been sober nearly 22 months. l've worked hard, l put as much effort into becoming sober as l did into lying, hiding, drinking alcohol and living in an alcoholic haze. My life is now better than l could ever have hoped for..l have my family back, l still work in the same profession but in a field l love, l count my blessings every morning and give my thanks every evening. Well that's some of my story, thanks for listening.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to know a little bit more about you Marni
Congratulations on your 22 months too!

D
Old 01-31-2011, 09:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for letting us know more about you Marni!! 22 months...WAY TO GO LADY!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Well done on your 22 months....
Thanks for shareing art of you with us.

Blessings to you and your family
Old 01-31-2011, 10:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you Marni—and congrats on 22 months!
Old 02-01-2011, 01:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR and thanks for sharing your story of hope.