???????

Old 01-31-2011, 08:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

???????

I have visited this site on and off during the past year mainly regarding my son. I swear this is a never ending battle for him. He has found the new drug of choice spice and bath salts. He gets UA's weekly, but can pass them. He ended up in a psych unit for 2 weeks from drug induced schizophrenia. When he got out he was great.. he has started going to church, but not sure how long that will last. yesterday after church he apologized to me.. I said for what.. he said I did the bath salts this morning and I feel guilty.
One thing that kind of bother me is that I had NO reaction to him telling me this. I was not mad, sad, did not lecture, did not cry... I told him that he was an amazing kid and I loved him very much. That only he could make the decision to be sober or not. I said he was charming, smart and had a ton of positive energy.
Is the no reaction thing normal?
Old 01-31-2011, 08:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

it is when you are detached in a healthy way and have surrendered...sounds like progress to me..
Old 01-31-2011, 09:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What does he do with spice and bath salts. Sounds like your in a good place and thats healthy for you...
Old 01-31-2011, 10:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He smokes the spice and snorts the bath salts....
Old 01-31-2011, 11:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Sounds like you have a good program working for you.

As to the spice and bath salts ................ they have already been banned in some European countries and there is a Senator that is bringing a bill today before the senate to make them illegal in this country since they are so readily available in this country at so many stores. it is a certain kind of spice and bath salt.

However, until your son is 'ready' ie has hit his own personal bottom, he will just find another DOC which you seem to understand.

Pull up your keyboard, and join us, there is a lot of GREAT support here.

Love and hugs,
Old 01-31-2011, 11:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That sounds like love to me, and I know it was tough getting there
Old 02-01-2011, 11:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah, It's all just so hard!! He chooses to not take his medication, he choses to not apply for jobs cause he does not want to make $8.00 an hour. I have done everything I can do to help him. I know he has to help him self, but until he does I have decided to not call or text him. Heck the only time I hear from him is when he is asking for something.
It's frustrating UGH
Old 02-01-2011, 12:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I get frustrated too when I see everything crystal clear and others don't, when they won't do what needs to be done. It's hard letting go but it does get easier with time
Old 02-01-2011, 12:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Chino, I agree it is getting easier with time!
Old 02-01-2011, 02:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I think limited contact can be a good thing..I did it for quite a while with my daughter..
Old 02-02-2011, 01:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Limited contact is a MUST!!! I have said several times.. I am not going to call him... well what do I do an hour later ha ha.. Text him or call him. I am trying to be strong and not call or text him. I even deleted his number out of my phone so If I go to contact him I have to tell myself not to. Silly, but it seems to be working.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Yankee

I think I have now heard it all concerning the *spice & bath salts*. I guess they will really find anything that they can get high off of huh?

enodm, I think it is indeed healthy & normal to react that way, and it shows signs of strength & detachment on your part. Your words that you spoke to him were very touching....It is hard enough for me to have an ex addict fiance & also my addict/alcoholic brother....much less to think of having my child addicted. My thoughts are with you to stay strong sister!