The Language of Letting Go-11/7

Old 11-07-2003, 06:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Language of Letting Go-11/7

Relationships

There is a gift for us in each relationship that comes our way.

Sometimes the gift is a behavior we're learning to acquire: detachment, self esteem, becoming confident enough to set a boundary, or owning our power in another way.

Some relationships trigger healing in us - healing from issues of the past or an issue we're facing today.

Sometimes we find ourselves learning the most important lessons from the people we least expect to help us. Relationships may teach us about loving ourselves or someone else. Or maybe we'll learn to let others love us.

Sometimes, we aren't certain what lesson we're learning, especially while we're in the midst of the process. But we can trust that the lesson and the gift are there. We don't have to control this process. We'll understand, when it's time. We can also trust that the gift is precisely what we need.

Today, I'll be grateful for all my relationships. I will open myself to the lesson and the gift from each person in my life. I will trust that I, too, am a gift in the other people's lives.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thank you Victoria

You ARE a gift in our lives, and I am grateful for these daily reminders.

Hugs
Ann
Old 11-07-2003, 12:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Ann. I consider you a gift as well. I always love your positive spin on things. Would you mind giving me your thoughts?: Today I'm trying to learn from my relationships. My day started off great and then some codie behavior surfaced. I saw a phone number on the phone bill that belongs to my husband's "friend" when he moved back into our home on 9/24, I told him to end the relationship or we won't be able to move on. Well when I saw the phone number I lost it. Things have been going beautifully between us and I had a set back. He reminded me that I told him to call her and I accepted that explantion, but then he started the whole "you're never going to trust me if you don't move on". I do agree, but I feel a little fragile. He told me I never meet his needs and I told him that how can I meet his needs if he communicate them to me. He said stop sounding like an al-anon pamphlet. LOL Of course all of this was shouting. My mother-in-law just quit being my babysitter today because of this argument that she overheard that is none of her business. She told me that "if you think he has changed you're crazy!" Sometimes I feel like I'm working so hard to get ahead in my recovery, but all the codies around me keep bringing me down. I know that she'll apologize and go on like nothing happened and then in three weeks it will happen all over again becaus she doesn't have the cohonies to stand up to her son. His mother is in complete denial and when I get home tonight she'll be giving me a piece of her mind which she should be giving to her son. I feel like quitting my job and getting a midnight shift job so I don't need her anymore. Sorry this was long, but I've just had it today.