Moving forward slowly...

Old 01-29-2011, 10:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Moving forward slowly...

This morning, one an a half years after AH left I have taken charge of my home. It happen to coincide with both kids leaving home so I have had a difficult adjustment. Mostly I left everything as is all this time hoping he might come back. I would walk around the empty rooms and mourn for all. Did not know how I would recover.

This summer when my daughter came home from college we painted what was supposed to be "his" room just the way she liked it.

I still had a spare room I didn't know what to do with it - I painted and waited. This morning I just went in there and turned it into a yoga/meditation room. It is a soft warm yellow and I made pic collages of oceans and mountains to line the walls, put a mat down, moved the blocks and ball in there with the videos and I am all set to go. Oops forgot... I have to find a cheap CD player for the meditation CDs.

I just finished and feel so proud and happy. Can't believe I did this and it didn't cost a dime. Just moved stuff from around the house and there it was. I guess I decided it was time. (and maybe the dreams everynight for the past two weeks suggesting I need to exercise helped some too).

Old 01-29-2011, 11:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

I'm so happy for you! Enjoy your *new* space!
Old 01-29-2011, 11:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Ditto what Pelican said! Every step we take toward reclaiming our lives is a gift to ourselves!
Old 01-29-2011, 12:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

That's so simple and so lovely. Thank you for sharing that!
Old 01-30-2011, 12:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

that is a lovely thing to do for yourself, our homes are so imprtant, not in terms of size, fancy stuff, or whatever, but just that they should feel right, safe, comforting, a sanctuary, whatever that means to each of us individually.