Mr. Golden Voice left rehab

Old 01-27-2011, 12:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mr. Golden Voice left rehab

Well, that didn't last long! He got a free pass to one of the best alcohol rehab facilities in the world - and he's left it. Blows me away!!! How can someone blow such a wonderful chance at recovery? Truly sad.

TO read more: Mom's Plea to Ted Williams: Go Back to Rehab - Health, Ted Williams : People.com
Old 01-27-2011, 12:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

If we haven't learned anything else about recovery, we should have learned that the addict/alcoholic will not embrace recovery until they are ready. They can't do it for their family or their job or fame or for any other reason. They have to want it more than anything else, and if they don't, no rehab in the world can help them.

It's hard enough for the everyday alcoholic to embrace recovery. I can only imagine how hard it would be if the whole world were watching. It's not my place to judge this man.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He's an idiot.

Free rehab? Food, medication, friends, a bed to sleep in. So, yea, that sound really rough. Lot tougher than pan handling on the corner.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The world watching this story just got a lesson in the futility of enabling.

Job offers.
Fancy rehab.
New Clothes.
Place to stay.
Bills paid.

No one can change his path but him.

I will say this story actually gives me validation. If the best rehab, Dr. Phil, and all of America at large cannot get someone out of addiction, I should never have expected that I could have done that for my EX. How could I?

Sad story just the same.

Alice
Old 01-27-2011, 01:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by ItsmeAlice View Post
I will say this story actually gives me validation. If the best rehab, Dr. Phil, and all of America at large cannot get someone out of addiction, I should never have expected that I could have done that for my EX. How could I?
That is actually a very good point. Thank you for this.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think this just really underscores the constant struggle of an addict..this guy is SUCH a perfect example.....

It's making me wonder what it would ever take for OUR loved ones to get hit with the sobriety stick. If this guy can't do it for an awesome second chance...what does that hold for the rest of them?
Old 01-28-2011, 05:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Alice is sooo right.

Just goes to show.. even with the best help in the world on offer, it won't work unless the A works it.. and wants it.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The general population has no understanding just how powerful the alcohol is to the alcoholic... but all of us here know all too well, that for it - the A would give up everything.

Oh how I'd love to send my son to fill that empty spot in that treatment facility.

I'm sure Ted William's elderly mother has once again had her heart split wide open. That's what saddens me the most.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
the illogical vulcan

I just knew his quick overnight rise to fame was going to doom this guy. I wish him the best and hope he gets his $!@# together while there's still time because next week when the media loses interest in him and all the handouts go away it'll be back to the gutter.