My Step 1 progress

Old 01-26-2011, 04:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Step 1 progress

I began my Step 1 about 1 month ago. I wrote down every question and answered as honestly as I can. Then I go back and put today's date and re-answer them and I can see gradual progress. My thinking is changing.

I now have to branch out and apply this Step 1 into other areas of my life...work, friendships, etc.

I also realize I need to find an Al-anon or Nar-anon group to share this with. I feel that if I do not open up and do not share with other people, I may miss out on their input as to what they see. I know that my self-imposed prison has protected me, but also isolated me.

So...my next mountain to climb is sharing...and opening myself up to what another person sees. This is a hard one for me. I can talk about all my ACs problems and my ACOA issues, but to put the spotlight on me is hard.

BTW...Catpajamas...I keep your signature line " what other people think of me is none of my business" in the forefront of my mind. It has helped tremendously in stopping all the manipulations "if I say/do this" sort of thing.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Well done, hope2be.

I try to do the steps in their entirety once each year. It's amazing how my perspective changes as my life has changed along the way.

You sound like you have a good grasp on working them too.

Hugs