Notices

31 days

Old 01-25-2011, 12:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

31 days

Hi I am new, 31 days now with out a drink, I was drinking for 20 years and one to two bottles of wine each night - I have been hung over for most of my life! I am seeing lots of benefits, some really strange dreams like last night my car had it is tyres stolen, wonder what that means. the afternoons after work are the hardest or a Friday night where I would normally drink heaps knowing I could disappear for the weekend. People are telling me I look 10 years younger and I have just started Pillates OMG those muscles are hurting. I will stay strong and know that I can not go back, I have kept a great job, god only knows how and now I am finding myself again and even getting excited by things. I have my down days, mostly sad in the morning, like I am still getting flash back hang overs, is that normal? Good luck to everyone, your posts are helping me greatly.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello, ring, and welcome to SR.

Congrats on the sober time!
Old 01-25-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations. I'll be there in 6 days.

Do you mean, you feel like you physically have a hangover for a short time when you wake up? I have been getting some of that.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ring

I think a little sadness is normal - early recovery is an emotional time for a while...we numbed ourselves for a long time.

Things usually do level out tho

Congratulations on your sober time,
D
Old 01-25-2011, 03:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR and congrats on your sober time. Early recovery is a time of ups and downs, physically and emotionally. Stick with it and it will get better.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Congrats and welcome to SR
Old 01-25-2011, 04:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your sober time and welcome to SR!
Old 01-25-2011, 04:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you

Thanks for the welcome everyone!!

The hang over feeling is actually a real headache and fuzziness, I hope that goes soon. I have done this over doctor supervision which I think was the way to go for me due to the length of time and amount I was drinking. I researched it and new that it would be likely I would have a fit if I just stopped on my own. My doctor has been great through out the first two weeks I would send my heart rate/pulse details to her three times a day and she would recommend what meds for me to take. When I saw her after being away for 3 weeks I actually hugged her. I told her I was on this forum (have been just watching and reading) and thought it would be a good time to jump in and become a part of the community. I realise I am not alone as I had felt that for so long.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Way to go, Ring! That's great.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good job Ring..got a month under your belt in no time!!! Good to have you with us..
Old 01-25-2011, 05:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Good to have you here, ring! You've got a great start and a positive attitude.... I hope your symptoms resolve soon (if not, see a doc). I had some brain fog the first couple weeks, sleep problems, low energy etc.... but felt pretty normal after that.

What's great, though, is that things kept getting better even after a month or two. It's nice to know I don't ever have to wake up with hangover again.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 31 days, I will be there in 6 days also. I have been getting headaches too. They just started about a week ago, I have them every morning and they last almost all day. I've been wondering about it too, it feels like a hangover headache! I've also noticed nausea (sp?) quite often, especially when I'm active, and sadness, which I'm sure is pretty typical in early sobriety. I have my good and bad days. Great job on the sober time, welcome to SR.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Ring...I am on day 31 as well! I have noticed headaches more in the afternoon as well as fatigue, but I think it is because I am drinking more coffee than I was before in the morning, and definitely not getting in enough water during the day. I also started taking multivitamins and trying to eat healthy. Hoping to add in exercise one of these days. lol congrats on 31 days!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone - have a great day. it was Australia Day for us yesterday and our culture is very much to drink! I made it and feel better for it now off to work for a productive day. Hope you are all going great. One thing I kept saying when I stopped drinking to myself was It is Never Enough" I can't just have one, so if I do it will NEVER be enough so why torture myself.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Sober & Lovin IT!!

Welcome to SR Ring!!! Congrats on your sober time!!! Hang in there!!
Old 01-26-2011, 02:28 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

congratulations on your progress....
welcome....