Alternatives-for- Alcoholism

Old 01-25-2011, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alternatives-for- Alcoholism

I'm sure someone on this site posted this in the past, but I read it again this morning and found it very intersting.

Alternatives for Alcoholism
Old 02-14-2011, 03:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A woman who has the truth and wishes to sell it. Hmm...
Old 02-15-2011, 06:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Not sure what your point is VP-When I went to AA I had to BUY my Big Book + The 12& 12 + 24 hours A day. I think I spent about 23.00$ or so. I thought it was worth it.
I have yet to find anything being sold in these articles except the advertisements. Check out the blue links to the left of the main page, I found a lot of good info for FREE!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Even if she were selling it a person has a right to make a living...I would never begrudge a person that....I pay my therapist after all and she's worth every penny and more
Old 02-15-2011, 09:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

These newer methods of dealing with alcoholism and addictions would be more mainstream if they were given to people as alternatives they could use for court mandated programs. They reason why the main program is standard for every alcoholic and addict who gets in trouble is because there is basically zero cost to the state. Not super effective and free beats effective with a cost every time.

I am glad I have found what works for me, because if I thought there was only one way I might have remained drunk like many others who don't search out alternatives. I find it quite refreshing to be able to fix my problem on my own terms and although I am steadfast in my beliefs on why my way worked for me I don't feel it necessary to tow the company line in every conversation regarding alcoholism. The flexibility in finding out what works for you makes the journey alot more rewarding in my opinion.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Another blame the brain book. Nice that people can save $5 by downloading, instead of paying the traditional $19.95.

Nice she's not drinking. Hope it pays the rent.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cabledude View Post
Another blame the brain book.
Well, there is actual scientific basis for what she is saying. And it makes a lot more sense than the faulty scapegoating escapism found the "spiritual malady" theory.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Y'all know the rules for this forum.

I don't want to close this thread, so let's veer away from the ubiquitous 'my recovery can beat your recovery up' stuff...

thanks

D
Old 02-17-2011, 05:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Anthony, as long as the alcoholic doesn't drink the neighborhood is safer, and I could care less how they do it.

Even if you believe your brain is faulty and built funny and shift to it all responsibility for every dumb drunk thing you've ever done as the ultimate scapegoating escapism mechanism it's A-ok with me.

As long as something works well for people I've no complaints. I simply want those with bad neurotransmitters to not run into my car if I park it curbside overnight.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

nor those with spiritual maladies, because a dent is a dent.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Look at it tbhis way Dee...you haven't had to close a thread here for awhile...you wouldn't want to get out of practice....

:rotfxko