Notices

One In A Million

Old 01-23-2011, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One In A Million

This is my first attempt at seeking help w/o looking over my wife's shoulder and reading threads and posts through her membership here. It's hard for me to believe there is so much compassion by SR members for others. I feel like I'm one in a million storytellers of the pain and suffering that families go through. "Overwhelming" is an understatement. It's times like these that can sometimes make me feel that no matter how many people care, their concern and prayers will make no difference in my life, my wife's life, or my addicted youngest son's life. But it's also times like these that bring me to the realization that w/o my wife reaching out and getting help and support from all of you, we would be no closer to understanding and accepting our son's addiction. My wife and I know what we have to do.... It's taken 16 years for us to figure that out. My wife and I are tired of fighting my son for the right to live our own lives. "....... mourning the loss of someone living" is how 'Kindeyes' put it.... poignant and perfectly put. Hello to everyone here and Goodbye, my son, .... we must let you go now. Love, Dad
Old 01-23-2011, 09:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Welcome, HL,

So sorry for your pain. No one is hopeless, and maybe someday your son will choose recovery. But you are right that you and your wife have a right to a peaceful and happy life without being held prisoner by someone else's addiction.

Hope you will stick around and keep posting.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thankyou, we finally are taking the first steps on the road to our own recovery.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for your powerful post.
Welcome to SR HardLuck - you'll find a lot of help and support here.

D