Notices

Benzo Windows

Old 01-22-2011, 08:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Benzo Windows

After thinking about it (which I can do a little bit of these days), I guess I have had some windows. I have to go back and take stock of where I was and where I am today.

Gone within a few days of going cold turkey from 20 milligrams of klonopin a day and washing them down with beer: hallucinations, delusions, two weeks of no sleep, sky-high blood pressure, palpitations, judging others, being acerbic, blaming everyone but me for my problems, and oh, those little seizures that could have killed me!

Gone within a month or so: high anxiety, profuse sweating, fevers, headaches, paranoia, wobbly legs, the sidewalk feeling like it was made of wet sponge, the inability to hold a toothbrush or a glass of water, the loss of appetite, and oh, wishing those little seizures had killed me!

Gone within three months: forgetting why I walked into the kitchen, flushing the toilet before I used it, forgetting I had read a book before, blunted emotions (too many, now) the inability to love, hating dreams, thinking I was unworthy of love (OK, still working on that one), and oh, forgetting to thank God that those little seizures didn't kill me!
Old 01-22-2011, 10:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to see you're moving ahead in your recovery, Memphis Blues
Thanks for your post

D
Old 01-22-2011, 11:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Hope you stay on track.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MemphisBLues View Post
After thinking about it (which I can do a little bit of these days), I guess I have had some windows. I have to go back and take stock of where I was and where I am today.

Gone within a few days of going cold turkey from 20 milligrams of klonopin a day and washing them down with beer: hallucinations, delusions, two weeks of no sleep, sky-high blood pressure, palpitations, judging others, being acerbic, blaming everyone but me for my problems, and oh, those little seizures that could have killed me!

Gone within a month or so: high anxiety, profuse sweating, fevers, headaches, paranoia, wobbly legs, the sidewalk feeling like it was made of wet sponge, the inability to hold a toothbrush or a glass of water, the loss of appetite, and oh, wishing those little seizures had killed me!

Gone within three months: forgetting why I walked into the kitchen, flushing the toilet before I used it, forgetting I had read a book before, blunted emotions (too many, now) the inability to love, hating dreams, thinking I was unworthy of love (OK, still working on that one), and oh, forgetting to thank God that those little seizures didn't kill me!
Pretty sure you're already aware of the fact that this post is easy for me to relate to.

Quick story about one of my many incidents from benzo withdrawal. I love Nestle Quick and my wife drinks Coca Cola. One day she asked me to grab her a Coke while I was making myself a Quick. Ha! I poured the milk for my Quick, poured my wife's Coke, and ended up putting the chocolate powder in the glass of Coca Cola! Of course the knuckleheaditus wasn't complete until I gave my wife the glass of milk and proceeded to drink from the coca cola + Nestle Quick, not once noticing how totally I'd just screwed up.

Moral of that story? Chocolate and Coca Cola does not equal a tasty beverage, trust me. Oh, and benzo withdrawal is brutal!