Did you ever feel.....?.........

Old 11-06-2003, 05:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Did you ever feel.....?.........

Did you ever feel like you just had so much to do for so long, that you just found you couldn't find the energy to do anything at all? I have been so overwhelmed with so much since about July, that I'm almost to the point of I don't care about doing anything! I think it's called burnout.

I guess I should update you all on a few things, since this board is one of the things I have neglected lately.

Well, Squinty "quit" drinking on June 11. I say "quit", because he is still drinking on the weekends. Then we go through the roller coaster effect all week--you all know what I mean. Even though he's not evil, like he was, he still is just a pain in the butt to live with.

Aside from that, my 18-year-old daughter (corvettte_angel) was in a terrible wreck about a month ago. She was not badly hurt, though she had a few really nasty bruises, one from her left knee clear down to her ankle. It's still there.... But, it really was a miracle she walked out of it. No, she was not in her Corvette. She was in my old Lincoln Towncar--praise God! She was entering I-75 on the Lima ramp, and the road was just a bit wet, and she went into a spin (a truck had just done the same thing 2 minutes before her, and went into a ditch). She, on the other hand, spun out into traffic, it the concrete divider wall with the back end (bending the back up about 4 feet), and then a semi hit her on the front right corner. The dash on the passenger side was curved clear around. Glass everywhere. You would have been so proud of the way she handled it all so calmly, though. She's doing great, though! If the other truck had not gone into the ditch, and another semi radioed to tell the other semis to slow down, she might have been hit harder... We could go on and on thinking of what could have happened, if everything had not gone in her favor.

Then, my #4 daughter, 16 years old, started having asthma at the 2nd football game. She's a majorette, and 3 routines at half time is an unbelievable workout for these girls. Well, I'm new to asthma, and learning as fast as I can, but she had a very bad attack after school last Thursday, and we ended up calling the squad and taking her to the ER. Squinty has been telling her it's all in her head, and is pushing vitamins down her throat. He's a jerk.

My #2 daughter is handicapped, and has very regular temper tantrums.

Now, I'm the only person who can run my kids to where they have to go, because it is totally beneath Squinty to do it. Sometimes I have no idea how I'm going to pick up #4 from One Act practice, run her to baton, run back to the high school, pick up my son (#5) from One Act practice (#4 had to leave early for baton), run him home (20 mins.), since #2 is home fending for herself, and really shouldn't be by herself. OK, she's alright by herself, but I worry myself sick she's going to fall or decide to do something she shouldn't. You never know--but she is 20, and really does fine--I just worry. Then back to baton (20 mins) to pick up #4. Then home. Pick up all the kids, and take them to church (last night, Wed. youth group), along with 2 friends. (20 more mins. driving), and finally home at 10:00.

Now, why do you suppose I didn't feel like doing laundry when I got home? Or for that matter, why did I not feel like getting up and fixing the "big family breakfast" that Squinty requires I do?

Sorry, guys, but I have just been worn to the core lately, and I don't see any relief in sight. Can you feel my depression? I think I need an uplifting book, any ideas?

Lyn
Old 11-06-2003, 05:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

wow, you exhausted me just reading you're post.
I have 2 book's that I am currently reading that might be of interest to you.
I have found this book to be amazing......
title: LIFE MAKEOVERS-by-CHERYL RICHARDSON
It's a New York times Bestseller.
Been reading it and appling it to my life for the past 3 years.....really helpful, inspirational, motivating...
(not that you need to be motivated...maybe motivated to take a rest )
2nd bood
CHOICES -by Melody Beattie......

sounds like you may need an emergency.....Bubble Bath.....

regards
Sally
Old 11-06-2003, 05:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Some good books--any of those by Iyanla Vanzant. She is a most remarkable, inspirational woman. Her books as so powerful that I got inspiration just reading people's reviews as Amazon.com. I got several for myself and some for other people.

Also, I have just started reading "What's So Amazing about Grace" by Philip Yancey. I haven't gotten very far into it, but so far very it's fascinating. I have just recently been especially pondering the idea of "grace" and it's very comforting.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Maybe I'm just a witch, but I'd be telling Squinty to get off his butt and help out. Partnership? Marriage? Relationship? These words all carry the weight of responsibility on both parts.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

God bless you Lynn

I'm so glad to hear that your daughter was not seriously hurt in that accident. Thank God!
I know what you mean about feeling worn to the core. I am there with you. I feel like there are too many battles and not enough fight left in me.
This is when a "time out" is in order. You can't burn the candle at both ends forever. It just doesn't work that way. Find some time for you to spend doing whatever helps you relax. Reading, a hot bath, an early bed time, whatever.
I know that you mean well, but it sounds like you are spreading yourself too thin. Can you arrange a carpool with other parents for all the activities? It sounds like what you are trying to do is impossible, and that can only serve to frustrate you. If you really can't get anyone to help you, have you considered dropping some of the activities? I'm sure this will end up disappointing your kids. But I fear that if you keep on the way you are going, they are going to end up with a mother who can't function anymore.
I hope you can find a realistic way to deal with all this. And that includes some down time for you pal.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 11-06-2003, 09:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just for the sheer fun of it......I'd call restraunts and find someplace who would deliver a big morning breakfast.....

I swear......do it! I think you'll laugh for a month at his expression when he sees his pancakes and sausages delivered in a bag.

Sometimes.......we just have to have fun with recovery.
Old 11-07-2003, 06:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

LYnn...
sending you some hugs.. If I were on the east coast I would come over and do some driving for you....
take a hot super hot bath and just relax....
Your an admazing woman...
Hugs to you girl...
I would of crashed a long time ago..
Love Clowie
Old 11-07-2003, 07:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Lynn,
You are definitely a busy woman!!! On overload?? I bet you are! I know how you feel...last night everything seemed to be caving in around me with all that I had to do!!! However, I must say, after reading what you are dealing with, I'm more thankful of the "little" things I have to deal with

Hugs to you sweetie!!!

Sped teach
Old 11-07-2003, 09:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks guys!!! I really needed the boost! Wow, I loved the breakfast being delivered idea! Unfortunately, we live in the boonies, and can't even get a pizza delivered out here. I didn't fix breakfast yesterday morning, and boy did I get the what-4-- but I didn't really care. It if wasn't for that, it would be for something else. This morning, Squinty took our son hunting early, so I didn't have to fix breakfast again! Yea! And, bonus, Squinty hasn't even made it to work yet--yea! We get to work in peace. I'll be looking up some of those books--I have plenty of sit and wait time for the kids, so I get to read.........

Hugs,
Lyn