Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

Notices

Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When I look at that step I see an opportunity and a reminder to calm down and by various methods find out how I am feeling. I am feeling blah I need mindless entertainment. I've had a hard day, drinking alcohol was mindless sometimes entertaining. So I should tie a string to my highlighter and twirl it around and pretend its a helicopter just for the enjoyment of doing nothing constructive, I need that in my life, I'm an alcoholic. I don't have to drink to have mindless entertainment. Am I wrong? As long as I aint drinking or thinking about drinking I don't think there's anything wrong with it. do you? Post script: I wouldn't even call it sober mindless fun just mindless activity without drinking is my preference.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

We all need to unwind once in awhile. I don't see the connection to Step 10, though, which is focused more on examining our actions during the day and how we might have harmed others.

Not a thing wrong with mindless entertainment, though. Being aware of how you are feeling and knowing when to step away for a few minutes to let your mind rest or to laugh at something silly is part of learning how to live sober.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah I was examining how I was feeling part of my step 10