HALT rule

Old 01-20-2011, 02:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Lightbulb HALT rule

The winner of this thread will be the first person that got the 4 letters covered!!

Hungry- no! I had a good lunch.
Angry - oh damn. I always seem to have this one.
Lonely- yes
Tired - yes

3 out of 4.. what about you?
Old 01-20-2011, 02:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Not Hungry, Not Angry, Not Lonely but Yes, I am tired. DARN! I don't win!
Old 01-20-2011, 02:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Not sure what the winner can get.. perhaps a "you rock" icon

What are you going to do about the T? when are you getting a break?

I have plans and then work at 3 AM but my way to tackle the T is to let my managers know I won't be arriving early to the office tomorrow, as I might work at night.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

A: doing my therapy homework (a therapeutic letter to my mom is in order) but as I don't have time today it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Nope... definitely I am not going to win!!
Old 01-20-2011, 02:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

At least my L is getting better now that I am here in SR...
Old 01-20-2011, 02:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

maybe a little hungry
Old 01-20-2011, 02:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

HALT

Hunger - yes. One hour to supper time though! Barley soup here I come.
Angry - Nope!
Lonely - Yes.
Tired - Yes.

Lonely and tired, tired and lonely. This is vicious cycle for me. I get lonely or feel like I need to do something to recharge and I mess around online, read, or do some project after the kids are in bed. That helps a little but eventually even the friends in my computer go to sleep, lol, so I do something else to recharge. That then leads to being more tired because I don't go to sleep. The more tired I get, the more I feel lonely and/or like I need to recharge. Around and around it goes.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Hunger - No! I am currently eating Chef Boyardee Raviolis. I am full.
Anger - No! It comes and it goes, but it's going more often now, yay!
Lonely - No! I actually decided I want to be alone tonight. I am deconstructing the apartment-wide merchandise display that is XABF's decorating masterpiece.
Tired - Yes. Drat! I almost had them. I keep yawning CONSTANTLY, though. I'm going to bed early tonight.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Not hungry, Extremely Effing P-d Off, Not Lonely, Emotionally Tired Of Xhole.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
cmc

All of the above...

I'll rank them from worst down to the least bothersome, but it doesn't make an acronym this way :
Hungry
Tired
Angry
Lonely

A whole wheat crust pizza is on the way as I submit this post so that takes care of #1.

I hope to get to sleep at decent hour, talk something over with somebody later this evening; and of course being here right now helps take care of the lonely part.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ya know, I am beginning to think that being tired has become a new social status symbol. If you are chronically tired, it is because your life is so busy and important that you just can't let anything go for just a minute.

Screw that.

I work nights so I know what tired is. Summer vaction is hell because I have to try to get enough recuperative sleep between 7AM and noon to get me through until I can lay back down at 7PM for 2 hours. The kids (8 and 10) are finally realizing that letting Mommy sleep = not getting grounded so much. So I have to keep a close watch on the Tired part of HALT.

It's taken forever and a day for my XH to realize that no - you can't call me after 7PM on a night that I work with a dumbass question. Yes, I do have to drop the kids off then - no, I don't wanna stick around. Got the to point that I just started turning the ringer off.

Hungry - not so much. I do like to eat so I don't let that one go!
Angry - not often.
Lonely - all the time
Tired - see above....
Old 01-20-2011, 05:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hungry - no
Angry - Yes. Iinterestingly, I was just talking to a friend about my building resentments. The list is as follows. XAH, XABF (defacto), sister and counting.... Right now, I feel like telling them all to go F**k themselves. Over the years, they've all taken advantage of my giving nature (I've allowed them due to lack of boundaries) and they are the most selfish people in my life. Now I'm at the angry stage after years of suppression. Got lots of forgiveness to do on them and on myself for allowing them to walk all over me and abuse me.
Lonely - not with five kids and their friends to keep me amused! And it's school holidays, so they're all around all the time! Lol.
Tired - Always. Not that I see it as a status symbol. I've had insomnia since childhood. Trying exercise now to see how that helps!
Old 01-20-2011, 05:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hungry - no. I am on the depression/stress diet. Nothing tastes good, except coffee.

Angry - started out that way but soon realized crying angry tears at Wal-Mart is really silly!

Lonely - yes. But lonely for the fantasy man I married, not the real one who blames me for everything. I don't miss that at all!

Tired - YES! I had a heck of a day - shoveling snow and towing my daughter's car out of the snowbank at the top of my driveway, all before 9am. Made me REAL ANGRY - at what? I still can't rationalize that one! It was an accident and snowing hard. Not her fault. AH's fault for making us move in with my mother who lives on the side of a mountain? Not really - that was my choice. My fault? Probably...I neglected to teach her the trick on getting out of the driveway properly, especially when there's fresh snow on the ground. I stopped crying angry tears when I found a pretty nice retractable tow strap (3000 lbs) for only $20! I bought two! Funny how the stupid things get you re-centered!

So I don't win this one but I sure gave myself a laugh reading over what I wrote! Sometimes I really crack myself up with my neurotic behavior!
Old 01-20-2011, 11:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hungry - nope. Junk food night. DS and I had frozen pizza, which we haven't had in such a long time. I think they changed the recipe, because it tasted nothing like I remembered it; actually, it tasted horrible. See what eating healthy does to your taste buds?

Angry - yep. Seems to be fairly constant when ever I think of the upcoming weekends and my not getting to spend them with DS.

Lonely - no. I can admit I'm not very good company for any one right now.

Tired - yep. I think I could pull a rip van winkle and still wake up tired. Side effect of Angry.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:51 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Skipper

Hungry---a little, for the word of God. I haven't read yet.

Angry----no, very calm and at peace today so far

Lonely-----no, I am enjoying my solitude this morning

Tired------maybe a little physically tired, but plan on having a power nap later.

THANKS!!
Old 01-21-2011, 06:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Not Hungry-just ate a piece of chocolate cake(remember, Bill Cosby says it's proper breakfast food!)
Angry-Well, always an undercurrent of mild anger running
Lonely-No, crazy 2 year old is running around, and I told a friend yesterday everything that has been going on(finally! I'm so proud of myself)
Tired-Yes, I had insomnia last night, managed only about 3 hours of sleep. but, aforementioned 2yo was up early(before 7) so I will take a nap when he does after lunch.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:13 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

H hungry? no, ate a cookie from subway

A angry? yes very angry and i can feel it in my jaw... in therapy I need to get this out of my sistem but I resist, resist, resist...

L lonely? not so lonely because i contacted some friends in my home city and we are meeting next weekend

T tired: VERY TIRED... !! i look like a zombie now!!

Ughhh!! Ok we will still await the lucky winner... some were very close already!! and for all the others I hope you get time to tackle the letters you need to tackle... also I agree being tired is a status thing, screw that !!!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:57 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Awakening

H- Nope, my nutrition is right on. 3 meals and 3 snacks a day.

A- Not right this minute, it comes on fast but passes through just as quickly these daze. The long term resentments that are so draining seem to have subsided for now.....this too shall pass. I've learned to take steps to control what I can. If I annoy any of you, may I recommend the "Ignore Button" under my name.

L- Never, typing with 1 finger as to not disturb this 20lb feline meat-blanket on my stomach, it's cold in here and big cats give off a surprising about of BTU's.

T- Always. I will not (almost said can not) go to bed at bed time. I must monitor the internet, my shift has been ending at midnight. That's 2 hours past my bedtime. Alarm goes off at 5am. I will catch up tonight.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:16 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

I still have a "T" problem.
Drat this yawn.

H - No. I got something from the cafeteria, and it was actually good for once.
A - No. I am too tired to be angry.
L - No. I have great friends at work, plus I'm picking out a kitten today! (Not taking her home yet, though, but nonetheless).
T - Yes. I keep yawning constantly, I am dreaming about sleeping tonight, and I know I am going to have a hard time going to my psychologist appointment at 9am tomorrow morning.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:34 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

H - Nope, eating a bowl of tortilla soup right now
A - Nope, however I am a bit Annoyed -- good friend's husband got a DUI last night and she is busy bailing him out -- can't come to my mu-mu party tonight Grrrrrrr.
L - Not in the slightest
T - Yeah, a little. Too much housework and grocery shopping already today And got a long way to go!

Which reminds me, for those of us that are tired ("all the time") I'd like to recommend getting some sublingual B-vitamin drops -- gooooooooood stuff and gives you a noticeable boost of energy about 20 minutes later!