Notices

Day 3 on the Pony Farm :)

Old 01-20-2011, 10:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Flying Mane

Thumbs up Day 3 on the Pony Farm :)

Hi Everyone,

Thank you again for your caring and support. Dee, I found the thread about detoxing, and wow that was a reality check. If I ever go through this again I will not be so cavalier about doing it on my own. As I said before, I had more symptoms this time. The first night I could not sleep, despite my dose of seroquel. Last night I got more sleep. Today I feel a little bit more alert, and my stomach is much better. I've had some "comfort pasta" for lunch, and am drinking water. Still have a headache.

Right now it's cold and rainy in my neck of the woods, but I will still need to do my horse chores. We just converted our garage to a barn, with 3 stalls. This time of the year we have a lot of mud in the pasture, and that's not good for their feet, they can get abcesses inside their hooves. But I'll need to turn them out for awhile so I can clean my small barn.

In the recent past, I'd clean my stalls and do chores while drinking, and listening to my ipod on my iphone. Now I'm trying to get used to doing it without the drinking part. I've discovered the ipod just recently, and love to listen to NPR, Pandora Radio, and Sirrius-especially the comedians. Looks like today I will have to bundle up good!!

I emailed a few close friends this morning. My house is filthy, and I actually haven't bathed in a few days, lol. So that will be a nice event today, haha.
I've decided to definitely stay on my self imposed house arrest this week. Gave hubby my keys.

Next week, I'd like to start with the counselor (am going to reach her today). I also have a (regular) doctors appointment next week. I'm not sure if I will be ready to come out of house arrest on my own...but hubby works, and he may not be able to drive me to appointments.

Haven't made up my mind on AA. There is a meeting at noon 1-2 days a week I liked more than a big regular meeting that is close to me. Also, I found out there is a SMART recovery meeting in my area on Tuesday evenings. I read up on the website, and I have to admit I don't quite understand it, it made me feel a little stupid, lol. Anyone else involved in this? I can look up the past threads.

Ok I will close with a happy pic of my grandson, age 2 1/2 recently. Think it will make everyone smile. (he gets a kick out of terrifiying his parents by running around with his eyes closed.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
sillysmile.jpg (23.1 KB, 69 views)
Old 01-20-2011, 11:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like you've got a plan and are optimistic. With those two, you can't lose. You've got this in the bag.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ozone Ranger

My hat is off to you for your efforts. Keep hangin' on. Please consider the support group sooner rather than later. Having someone to reach out to is as critical as a needed blood transfusion. One has a lot in common with the other. What I give may keep another going. And the cost is so low. You would feel no shame in accepting a blood transfusion if you needed it, would you? You may need an infusion from time to time to keep going. Be a shame to loose it all because we overlooked setting up a transfusion network, wouldn't it? The networks are out there, in place, waiting for you to join up.

I have fair recollection of making a phone call to someone in my "network" in the early days of my trip back out of la-la land. On the third or fourth ring, the phone was answered. I bellered out "sh_t", followed by about a minute of silence. From the other end, after about a minute, I heard an "OK". I responded with "Thanks. Talk to you tonight", and hung up. I am frequently reminded of this incident, as the person on the other end of that phone tells the story to others, to assure them nothing is too trivial, nothing to unreasonable to talk about. Carter was President at the time of that phone call. I've heard this story re-told a few times. I don't remember what was going on. Why I was at the point I found myself in the position screaming a one word profanity at an undeserving recipient on the other end of a telephone line. What is important is that someone was there. And I made it through the day. Thats what was important. Whatever support network you choose to try, please put some thought into doing it soon.

In the mean time, muck the stalls and clean your equipment. Twice. Any abscesses will be reported to the animal-lover thread. They are people I would not want upset with me. No.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

it's good to hear you're doing ok today. You will feel better with each passing day, but be advised, there are a lot of ups and downs to early recovery. My moods were all over the map in the early weeks but I got thru it with the help of my counselor and this site.

Take good care of yourself, mentally and physically. Keep on reaching out - to us, to your doctor, a counselor, to AA. Any time you can connect to another person who understands it helps you get stronger.

In the mean time, muck the stalls and clean your equipment. Twice. Any abscesses will be reported to the animal-lover thread. They are people I would not want upset with me. No.
So true. We have a gratitude forum here just for counting our blessings. And there's a special thread there for gratitude for animals we love. Would love to see you there telling us about your horses.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

cute grandson pic there FM - I'm glad your day 3 is a little better

D
Old 01-20-2011, 02:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3!! Cute kid..he did make me smile. Thanks for sharing..
Old 01-20-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Flying Mane

haha love it, thanks!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 05:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Flying Mane

Headache is gone, chores are done-pushing a wheelbarrow in the driving snow is not one of the funnest parts of having horses, lol! About to hit the hay, pun intended. Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is on!!! (I have to turn my head when they drink wine, lol)
Old 01-20-2011, 06:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey, did you get that shower in that you mentioned? I'm sure DeSoto County will be much nicer when you do, lol. Just kidding ya, lol.

Way to go on day 3!! That's the start of a new life for you if you keep in touch and stay the course.

Hang in there and watch your step when out at the barn, when you feel a squish under your boots, well, just gotta be more careful, lol.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Glad you're starting to feel better and stronger! I can just imagine your grandson running around with his eyes closed - put a big grin on my face and takes me back to when mine were little.

You're waaay up there in the corner of MS (I'm down in the southern end). We were hoping for a little snow last week, but if often misses us. You didn't get iced in or anything did you?

It does take some time getting used to doing things sober, but you'll get there (one day at a time) Have a good evening!