Notices

grateful

Old 01-19-2011, 08:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

grateful

i feel grateful for today. i feel grateful i have made it 53 days. and my cat is licking my face right now. and i can wake up tired, but not hungover and having it nag at me all day. i am grateful i had an amazing dinner tonight with my mother and did not have an ounce to drink. i am grateful for the sparkling non alcoholic apple cider toast we had for our birthdays. i am grateful i was not one of the loud people at the bars getting tipsy and then coming home to buy a bottle of wine and have to wake up still drunk at 5:30 to go to work.
i am grateful public transportation gets me where i need to go, because i cannot drive my car because of my DUII in november.
I am grateful that I have been not going to bars, no matter what, because I know I am unsure if I could resist at this point so early on in my sobriety. taking care of myself.
I am grateful for those who have come before me, and who are with me in my cohort of sobriety to share their stories at AA and in my recovery group.
I am grateful that I was diagnosed as alcohol dependent by a professional (even though it feels like someone telling me i have cancer) because it hits me very hard and i know i need to take this serious.
i am grateful that my mom wrote in my birthday card to me that 53 days(and counting) of sobriety is the best birthday present she could receive. (our bdays are two days apart.)
i am grateful for coffee, tea, diet coke, juice.
i am grateful to remember my conversations.
i am grateful to have control over my acitons
for a job that is understanding and supportive
for the same with friends in and out of recovery.
for this process.
for you.
for me. for the universe. for all that we carry.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Congrats on 53 days! that is awesome. Thanks for sharing. I am glad you have so much support. What a great gift for your mother.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank-you grateful for writing such a heart felt post it was wonderful to read!
You've got a lot to be grateful for and so do l, when it's all there in front of me makes me appreciate life so much more and all the loved ones l have in my life today.
Happy Birthday and congratulations on reaching 53days
and enjoy those early mornings with a clear head.

the first step towards change is acceptance.
Once you accept yourself you open the door to change.
Change is not something you do, it's something you all
Old 01-20-2011, 01:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I too am grateful for my new sober life. Congrats on 53 days sober and may you have many more to come.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

53 is Awesome!

Keep up the good work - you have a lot of things to be greatful for that you listed.

I am happy happy happy when people share these. I am greatful for being sober and taking it one day at a time. It is tough and it is easy. Sometimes more tough. But i think about gratitude and it makes it easier.

I get quotes from www AllAboutGratitude com that help me through things. Sorry cant include a link yet. Although I am sober, not long enough here - LOL. Maybe I will post my greatful quotes I get here for everyone. They help me so they can help you to.

Getting by-
Slow And Steady
Old 01-20-2011, 06:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This was my email gratitude quote today:

"Don't put off living to next week, next month, next year or next decade. The only time you're ever living is in this moment."

- Unknown

I would drink for a better tomorrow. Now I am sober for today.

This was from the Gratitude Guru - a saint if you ask me. Read him - AllAboutGratitude dot com.

- Slow And Steady