Notices

Morning of day4!

Old 01-18-2011, 05:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Morning of day4!

Hey folks!

I hope everyone is doing well! I'm sitting here writing this on the morning of my fourth day sober. Last night was the first time I can say I actually got a few hours of sleep - still withdrawl symptoms and lots of sweating but still - sleep and much needed rest. I hope that tonight will only be better.

The past few days have been a nightmare with no booze and little to no sleep. Today though, I think I'm finally getting a bit ahead of it. It's odd being sober and its incredible how many hours are actually in a day when your not drunk for a good chunk of it. I'm starting to learn to live again and it feels good. Almost feels like I have a brand new life I can do whatever I want with - i've gotta keep this going!

Thanks everyone here on SR, this site really did play a big role in getting me through my first few days. And thanks to the few folks I've spoken with in the chat the odd time, they were there a couple of times I was second guessing myself and it did help to have someone around.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rez572 View Post
Hey folks!

I hope everyone is doing well! I'm sitting here writing this on the morning of my fourth day sober. Last night was the first time I can say I actually got a few hours of sleep - still withdrawl symptoms and lots of sweating but still - sleep and much needed rest. I hope that tonight will only be better.

The past few days have been a nightmare with no booze and little to no sleep. Today though, I think I'm finally getting a bit ahead of it. It's odd being sober and its incredible how many hours are actually in a day when your not drunk for a good chunk of it. I'm starting to learn to live again and it feels good. Almost feels like I have a brand new life I can do whatever I want with - i've gotta keep this going!

Thanks everyone here on SR, this site really did play a big role in getting me through my first few days. And thanks to the few folks I've spoken with in the chat the odd time, they were there a couple of times I was second guessing myself and it did help to have someone around.

That was/is, my biggest hurdle.... I had _No_ idea how much time I _wasted_ of my life being drunk! When not drinking, boredom is the Worst enemy! Read more, start new hobbies, get back in touch with old friends, just find ways to fill those gaps so boredom does not set in! Best of luck! ..Mike
Old 01-18-2011, 06:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Congrats on Day 4