Notices

Subutex Recovery

Old 01-17-2011, 05:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Subutex Recovery

Hello
I'm new on here, a friend referred me to it and actually realised I'd seen some of the threads before just by putting into google search "subutex recovery". Basically, I got with my bf nearly 5 years ago, he promised me he only used subutex which I know to be true at the time. Unfortunately, some of his friends pushed him out of his only social circle, having moved to live with me and so he became bent out of shape on heroin, again! I tried everything including physical violence to get him to listen to me but to no avail. I finally started using and did for 3 years using his subutex script to come off if I took it for too long.
I have now been using subutex on and off for a year and a half without ever being clean completely. I tried last summer to come off and think I reduced to quickly 8mg, 6mg, 4mg and 2mg then 2 weeeks off hell with 3 kids to look after. I finally caved in and ended up back at square one!
I have now been off heroin for 4 weeks and bf is currently in a clinic drying out having swapped H for alcohol due to come out tomorrow.
I am now on 2mg subutex a day and have got the fear about H and at present don't feel like I want to ever take it again ( I know never is a dodgy word here).
Bf has said hes going to score when he gets out, I'm terrified! He's going to dry out at mother's once out of clinic but wanted to stay at mine for a few days, pick up his stuff then go. I have been supportive about this until the last few days I have just got the fear as I know I'l find it hard to say no if I pick him up and he's scored.
A friend has said he can stay a night at his. I will stay safe and clean I think and hope tomorrow. I want so much to get off subs and think im doing well so far.
I would like to talk to peeps who are in a similar situation with subutex and thinking bout withdrawing completely or already have.
Thanks for reading my post, and so glad this website is here! Cheers
Old 01-17-2011, 07:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our recovery community....

Please check out this Forum

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...tenance-detox/
Old 01-17-2011, 09:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Welcome Pie! You will find a lot of support here, and ind a lot of people that are, or have been, in similar situations to yours. Seems like being around your boyfriend right now is dangerous for you.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 01-17-2011, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Pie111

Please do also check out that link Carol posted - you'll find more subs folks down there
What does your Dr say about your plan to come off?

D
Old 01-17-2011, 02:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hello lovely.. Welcome to SR babe... protect YOUR recovery honey... You know i'm here all the way whatever.. Love karma xxx
Old 01-26-2011, 11:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi,
Many thanks for your replies to my first post, really appreciate being able to speak about it on here. In reply to your answer dee I am not prescribed subutex and my work stops me from being able to have this put onto my medical history.
The ex bf is gone now and if anything seeing him in a state just put the fear of god into me....I feel like Ive got a chance to get out and off whilst hes being doing H/subs for a lot lot longer than me.
Anyway, I'm ill at the mo with a bladder infection so decided not to drop my 2ml down until I feel stronger. Feels like ive been on 2ml forever. And if its got a 37hour half mean life then Im actually on more!
Anyway onwards and upwards is how i feel, if not a wee tired from the drain of having an ex here for a week being awkward!
Feel like Im on the rite track but would like to hear from anyone whose reducing down on subs and how their getting on with it.
I work durin the week so If my body is up to it Im gonna think about reducing a wee 0.4 at the weekend and see how I feel.
cheers karma....hope your okay honey xxxxhttp://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/images/smilies/whoopdeedo.gif