Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Day 10 no alcohol: Withdrawal's toward end of day are horrible!

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 06:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I think this is day #10 of no alcohol and my body hurts at middle / end of my day 2-5 pm. The only thing that helps is to take Valium and I'm tapering back on that...or at least trying to. Down to 10mg yesterday (end of the day...almost freaking lost it)...I tried to go cold turkey and no dice my friend. I thought being over the hump meant alcohol withdrawal was over but day 10 is still quite painful. The body aches are so bad as my day progresses and the stress that builds makes me extremely unstable mentally. I took 15mg today as I had the day off and I had to actually go to grocery stores which increased my stress level so the battle rages on...day #11 tomorrow. Going to an AA meeting this week to check it out. Calling my psych and gp tomorrow to set appointments as my blood pressure is already extremely high and I get these odd funny feelings in my head like something is going to explode...hard to describe. Only thing that eases it is the freaking valium which I have an ok supply of until my next refill / psych appt thank god. Filled my campral today which is total crap...doesn't work, and was a waste of $30. I'd sure love to thank my psych for that one. Anybody else experience this kind of thing with alcohol withdrawal? Sometimes I feel like I'm winning the battle and sometimes I feel like I've already lost the war...no alcohol but very low quality of life. Not cool beans right now...
Old 01-16-2011, 06:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Glad your making appointments to see professionals. If things get worse before then please report it and get help.

I know what you're going through is bad. When I read posts like yours it reminds me why we need to beat the alcohol. You've gotten this far, hang in there. You can do this.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Joblo

I'm glad you're making appointments too. Please be careful with the valium as well.

If you find yourself concerned for your safety, please call for assistance or get yourself to the ER.

D
Old 01-16-2011, 07:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Welcome to SR...and like Dee said, be careful w/Valium.

Hope you stick around and read the site. Good people here!
Old 01-17-2011, 06:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I just bumped my psych appt up to first thing next week and my gp is this week so I'm hoping I can just hold it together until then. This morning was not good...I took 400mg seroquel last night just to sleep the night through and had to do w/o my remeron b/c insurance wouldn't cover a refill until today and I felt like I could just start crying at any time like I don't have control...I took 5mg valium and it's just barely staving off that feeling so I"m most likely going to have to take another as I have to get through a freaking work day to pay the bills and I can't be falling to pieces like this. I don't know what I hate more right now...valium or the freaking alcohol. I don't know what is affecting me more negatively to be honest. I thought I was over the alcohol hump but I feel like I just took 3 steps back. Very emotional and unstable...life is not good for me right now May have to make an emergency stop at the psych as early as tomorrow. crying as i'm typing now....not good feelings.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What's up joblo, sorry to hear you're not doin so well. I actually just quit drinking 5 days ago- I completely understand what you're going through. I've had all kinds of aches and pains. I've had vertigo, lightheadedness, chest pain, exhaustion, brain fog, anxiety and intense stress. The stress was causing my blood pressure to go off the charts(which is prolly the feeling you're getting in your head) which makes the head feel like it's gonna explode... That and the tension in the neck makes for some strange feelings. I just wanted to say to you that you have more control than you think. Today I was sitting outside in the sun, feeling all anxious and stressed out and I had a vision. It was a vision of my life before I was a drunk, which transcended into a vision of what life can be without alcohol. I realized that it is not hopeless, but rather this is the beginning of hope. This hell will make us stronger and give us the balance in life that we've been craving for so long. The health we want to feel, the image we want to portray and the people we want to make company with, will all lcome to us because of this adversity we are facing. After realizing this my withdrawals have gotten better and it's because I have a positive outlook on the future - a reason to fight. You can have that too bro, just believe that life will get better and allow it to. I know it's easier said than done, but find a ray of light from your past and hold onto it and realise that you can have that again. I believe in you, care about you and hope the best for your life.