Notices

Day 5 and struggling..

Old 01-13-2011, 07:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 and struggling..

it is now day 5 and couldn't be happier to be sober but struggling so hard to deal with my girlfriend of a year being gone. the past year she has been there by my side with encouragement and support, after my last relapse she said that she cannot do it any more and i honestly don't blame her either. it makes my recovery that much harder not having her in it, the one and only person that i ever shared my darkest secrets to, the only one who has ever made me want to change and get sober. I told her she deserves way better than me and may be far better off with someone not like me. that was the hardest thing i have ever done, even harder than staying sober to be honest. I dont want the guilt and loneliness to what i did to her to make me want to go out and drink and dont know what else to do.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

shameless - please don't throw away your 5 days. You worked hard to get them!

I understand being heart broken and missing your GF, but how will drinking help that? It won't help, and deep down you know that.

If you think she deserves someone better than you are right now, then become someone she does deserve.

Hang in there and stay strong, you can do it!
Old 01-13-2011, 03:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am day 5 also, and as you know the earliest first days are awkward uncomfortable and twitchy..at least for me. I an not accountable to anyone - nobody knows how much I really drank.. I finally got to the point where the logical part of my brain WILL NOT stand down to the evil booze that makes me feel ill and look even worse...
Imagine seeing ur ex in a month BRIGHT eyed fresh, sharp ..... give her something to believe in bro ! Believe in yourself first.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Look, she is gone for now. That's so whether you drink or not.

So do you want to be sober, and have a new, better life? Or do you want to just wallow in what you can't have for what's left of it?

Up to you, dude.

I'm not trying to minimize the pain of your loss, but you have a choice: use this as an excuse to drift into oblivion, or as a preview of the many other losses to come if you go back to drinking.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on Day 5!

I hope you use this experience in a positive way and continue to move forward with your recovery.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We all can learn from our mistakes. Repeating them will likely result in the same losses down the road. Just eliminating one things from your life can open so many opportunities down the road, wether it's getting back together with her, or having another beautiful woman enter your life. When that day comes, you will be glad to know booze will never again be a factor. It all takes not doing one single thing. The rest is yours.

Focus on the new you that doesn't feel like crap, look like hell and is on control over the rest of your life. We can't change the past, but some of us are wise and brave enough to change the future.

Hang in there. You are getting better and better each day that passes.