Notices

Its time...4th day

Old 01-12-2011, 10:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Its time...4th day

Hello everyone,

This is my first time ever posting a blog. I guess I choose a good place to start. I have been drinking for 22yrs. I am 37 yrs old so as you can see I started very early in life. I come from a long line of alcoholics. I have been successful at quiting twice that is for any long period. That was due to pregnancy I was lucky it was not difficult for me. I also quite for 2omonths twice last year sadly I lost both of those pregnancy's. I have detoxed more times then I can remember just to start back up again as soon as I started feeling clear headed. I feel like I can really do this. I have convinced myself that if I want to get back my sexy body I have to quite. This is not just due to the calories. It is to hard to get the motivation to work out when you fell like hell all the time and the only thing on your mind is what time is not to early to start drinking. I know this my sound like a vein motivation but I am using it as a substitute to feeling good. It makes me feel good to look good.

I have been drinking about 4-5 days a week anywhere from 2-7 drinks. So far the only real issue I have had is night sweats and a really bad taste in my mouth oh ya and anxiety/insomnia. Wish me luck!
Old 01-12-2011, 11:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Welcome to SR! Glad you are here. BTW--if you begin to start having any serious signs of withdrawal don't hesitate to contact a medical professional or go to the hospital (if needed). Some people need medical help. This is a great place to find support. You are not alone. We do recover.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome! You're not alone - we've all had failed attempts at quitting (I think that's when I realized for the first time that I had a real problem). I'm glad you're reaching out - it's so important to have the support of others who know what you're going through.

Keep posting and reading - this is a great place! :ghug3
Old 01-12-2011, 11:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard -- this site has been a huge source of strength for me!
Old 01-12-2011, 11:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome! I have stumbled a number of times since beginning my own personal journey. It has been my experience that everytime that happens, when I come back here, there is _NO_ judgement, just sympathy, hope, great suggestions, ideas, support. _Everyone_ here has been there and understands, they _Know_ what you are going thru; and their goal in life on this site is to help others! I guess what I am trying to say, if you stumble and fall, never, Never, be afraid or embarrassed to dust yourself off, come back here, and get just a TON of support from all of the experienced people here!!
Again, welcome! ...Mike
Old 01-12-2011, 12:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for the encouraging words. I am so happy I finally opened up about my problem, maybe this is what was missing from my success. I also forgot to add that I was addicted to vicodine for about 3 yrs I have fibermyalgia/arthritis and was prescribed. I was able to give those up without any help and have been free for 4 yrs. I did however increase my alcohol intake to compensate and to help deal with the pain.