Notices

Withdrawal Help!

Old 01-11-2011, 03:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdrawal Help!

I have been using for about 6 or 7 months. Usually taking 160+ mg of oxycontin a day. For the past two months I began using opana 40mg ER twice a day or more. My addiction has caused me to lose my job, girlfriend, and money. I am ready to quit for good. It is about 28 hours since I last snorted an opana. When I felt withdrawal symptoms, I took 2mg suboxone. About 6 hours later I began to get extremely depressed and felt withdrawal symptoms once again. So, I took 4mg more suboxone and feel a lot better but am still feeling mild w/d's. I do not have more suboxone. Will I go through worse withdrawals when the suboxone wears off? If yes, then how long until they are over?? And is it true that the worst happens on day 3 or 4?? Thanks! Answers are appreciated.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

We can't offer any medical advice here.

You need to talk to your dr about your withdrawl symptoms.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

not looking for medical advice, just seeing if anyone can give info about a similar situation
Old 01-11-2011, 04:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by pillhead View Post
not looking for medical advice, just seeing if anyone can give info about a similar situation
We really can't do that cause each person's experience is different. Please see your doctor.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know this is going to come across as being ugly and please believe I am not. But if you can't give your own experience, then what is the forums for? I promise I am not being ugly, I am just trying to understand. If we come on here support because we are scared and just want to know what to look for and can't get that - seems like that would be a deterent for folks. Please - dont think I am at all being smart or ugly - I swear i am not, I am just trying to understand.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi lawismary

Welcome

Have you got experience you want to share or are you looking for experience?

People are welcome to share their experience here, so long as it fits with this rule

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.
D
Old 02-24-2011, 09:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for that reply - as I said I was NOT being ugly...just new here and trying to make sure I read everything and understand it. Not really "looking" for anything - just looking for words...stories...strength- that is really it...there is not a lot that can help but that. Thanks for understanding I was not at all trying to be ugly.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

no worries lawismary

D
Old 02-24-2011, 10:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome. I'm sorry I can't tell you about a similar situation, but my problem is alcohol! I totally suggest you seeing a doctor so he or she can help you safely detox and get better! My prayers & thoughts are with you!