I am over it.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Cool I am over it.

I haven't mentioned my old man for a while here. He thinks he is clean since he does not have any money to buy dope.

I hate to say it but he is a real dumb ass and so was I for taking one minute of his crap. I got it ! It don't matter to me anymore if he ever gets it.

I do not need a sick headed man who does want to be healthy in my life. I cannot be in harmony with a man like that.
I am over it.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Splendra, you and I have walked a long way together on this path of recovery, and it's so good to see your light shine so brightly.

You are not defined by anything except what is in your heart. His behaviour, his thoughts, his addiction belongs to him alone.

Doesn't it feel good when we give ownership back and reclaim our own lives?

Shine on, girl. It gives you a nice glow.

Hugs
Old 01-10-2011, 05:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((spendra))

Honey - please know that you aren't dumb nor were you for trying to be in a relationship with someone you cared about that just so happened to be affected by a cunning, baffling and powerful disease!!

It was a path that some of us walked down (including myself) - we had lessons to learn - and at some point in time - we realize - hmm - ya know - maybe this is just not for me any longer -

So my friend - it's not dumb what we did - it's just saying - Hey Spendra - Let's go make it a better day for YOU, cause YOU are an awesome woman and YOU deserve the very best that your Higher Power has planned for YOU!!!!

Enjoy the blessings & life you have ahead of you!!!

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 01-10-2011, 05:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I only hope that I can inspire more people to get over it. It sure took me long enough but,better now than never.

Originally Posted by Ann
Splendra, you and I have walked a long way together on this path of recovery
We have walked together for a long while it is good to have you with me thanks so much for all the
Old 01-10-2011, 06:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Feels good to make a decision and go with it doesn't it? I too hate that I spent so much time on one person, but you're right. Better now than never.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I remember the day I threw up my hands, called myself a moron for trying to win against addiction, and handed it all back to him. It didn't feel like I was a failure the way I had seen it in the past. It felt like I realized I was set up somehow and I was no longer going to be a patsy. I didn't have to take his consequences anymore, I could walk away.

I may have felt foolish at first, and since I can be hard on myself, that stung a little, but how smart was I to see the light and walk away a free woman. Now, that part felt good.

I'm free and for all I know, he's still trapped. Who's the dumb ass now?

Not you and Splendra. Not us!

Hugs to you!!

Alice