Ex boss got a DUI

Old 01-09-2011, 03:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ex boss got a DUI

Wow. So weird to see life take its course....

When I went through my alcoholic hepatitis episode a year a half ago, I had this "friend" - an old boss and alcoholic who kept trying to tell me that he didn't think I had a drinking problem and he didn't think my liver was sick...that there was something "medically wrong" with me and that I needed to see more doctors. At the time I quit drinking cold turkey and was working out like a maniac. He went to doctors because he felt like crap and kept searching for something medically wrong with himself instead of listening to the doctors tell him that he needed to exercise and eat better and quit drinking. We were drinking buddies and he seemed irritated that I didn't want to drink anymore. I distanced myself from the friendship and moved on, I felt it was too controlling for me.

I was just reading the local Sunday paper and found that he was arrested for a DUI over the weekend. Wow.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((goldengirl))) - I hope this is the bottom he needed to hit to accept his alcoholism and seek recovery. Good for YOU for not listening to him and doing what was best for you!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-09-2011, 05:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think what really saddens me is that you know it's a matter of time before something bad happens but when it finally does, it's still shocking. So sad.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I do know that feeling. My XABF died from his addictions. It wasn't totally unexpected, but still a shock (if that makes sense) and much sadness. I kept thinking if I'd stayed with him, I would probably have ended up the same way.

Brings a whole new meaning to "sobering thought", huh?

Hugs and prayers,

Amy