Notices

Yeah day 6

Old 01-07-2011, 07:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Yeah day 6

Im feeling better now, on Day 6. I already know cause I been avoiding people that trigger me. I cant avoid them forever, espeacilly her dad. (may
jor trigger) But im feeling good now so Ima hold on to that feeling much as possible, it the only thing I got now besides God holding me.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats Hopeless, I on day 5 and feeling better too. I am going to paint the inside of my house this weekend to keep myself away from all of my triggers. My main trigger on the weekend is boredom! Find something to keep yourself busy too ;-) I'll let you know how mine worked on Monday.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hopeless, I have never been a big church person and have always had my problems with believing. My wife is the solid rock in that area. But I wanted to let you know that I started reading a book called In Step With God by Dr. Charles Stanley and it is proving to be very helpful. He also has a wonderful web site and Daily Devotionals. This is the second part of keeping myself sober, finding and accepting Christ. (not that I'm going to be a holy roller or anything
Old 01-07-2011, 11:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep it up H7!

D
Old 01-08-2011, 04:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Ya'll!

I do go to church, I try to be very involved there, I do know Charles Standley he's good. Ill check on that. Right now Im reading Job, at this time it makes me mad as hell but then it helps too. Its a process I guess. I also started knitting. Right now im on day 7 and having a little trouble today, but i know or hope that it will pass.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

awesome
Old 01-08-2011, 05:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good job on six days! It will get better, I promise, tho it can be a bumpy ride for a while. Keep yourself busy and remind yourself of the reasons you quit drinking.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Way to go!!! It took me a while, to even remember what I liked to do, before getting hooked on dope, so you're already ahead of me! I prayed, a LOT, and still do, but now I have a lot of "thank you" prayers, too In the beginning, they were "please help me to be willing to be willing to never use again.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy