Notices

Embrace SR, Embrace recovery...

Old 01-06-2011, 06:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Embrace SR, Embrace recovery...

As I progress along my journey then one thing remains crucial to where I'm at and I guess that is embracing my recovery and my alcoholism. SR has taught me so much and it would be hard to put into words exactly how much. It's great having AA to go to but I'm always so grateful to have SR and I often feel like what has held me on solid ground is SR. From my experience then the wisdom that is shared on a daily basis here at SR is bang on the money.

I am so happy that my recovery program worked out how it did, and I'm sure that without SR then I wouldn't still be sober now. I guess this is just a post to express my gratitude to SR and the people here who have supported and inspired me throughout the past nearly 18 months of sobriety and recovery.

SR has taught me many things and that is also including the ability to be able to say "No". I went to a daytime AA meeting and it's great to get the positive feedback but I also got commended on "working the program" by coming back and saying 'No' on a main share committment that I didn't wish to do but initially went along with it in the heat of the moment. SR compliments AA and the program of AA so well for me and I am so pleased with the way that 'working' recovery has turned out for me thanks to SR. I carry the wisdom of so many with me every second of the day and I'm so grateful. I would have never found what I found at SR in AA and I suspect I would have just drank again with massive resentments towards AA. SR helped and helps me so much.

I know for me then embracing SR and embracing my recovery 'one day at a time' has allowed to grow and develop in my recovery. Like I shared today at the meeting I see things so differently now and it feels good.

Thanks SR, Peace
Old 01-06-2011, 06:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I love SR for it's 24/7 availability. Any time of day or night I can come here and feel 'at home'. The fact that I've never met any of you in real life doesn't detract from the friendship I feel here.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Missed AA today because of my damn nicotine patches making it difficult to sleep and then for some reason putting me into the deepest sleep possible for at least 10 hours, so I'm glad to be able to come here too and try learn a thing or two. I always need to be learning. When I stop learning, stagnation leads to bad things in my life.

Great to hear you're almost 18 months NEO. An awesome role model for us young(ish...soon to be old..lol) people in recovery.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree that we should thank the mods for their fine job and volunteering their time to keep SR running:-)

Sobriety contingent on an online forum is a bit hard to swallow though...SR is a great support tool no doubt but wouldn't be sober without SR, that's a bit worrying actually!

Just a thought:-)
Old 01-06-2011, 08:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I speak my truth mate. My truth is my truth mate. Your truth is your truth. Nothing 'worrying' about that. I don't feel the need to suggest your recovery program to be 'worrying'. Your post is a great example of why I value and am so grateful for the members of SR.

The wisdom I gain from SR in conjunction with AA is priceless. I am so very grateful for SR and the people here. Of course recovery is all about 'action' and applying the wisdom and knowledge.

I ain't going to try to justify myself to you anyway mate, I'm perfectly happy and content with what I have.

Peace
Old 01-06-2011, 08:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Eating protein and life.

Originally Posted by yeahgr8 View Post
but wouldn't be sober without SR, that's a bit worrying actually!

Just a thought:-)
Don't let someone else's path of sobriety worry you.