Notices

Life after ecstasy.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Life after ecstasy.

Hello everybody

I'm an ex etard of 11 years. When I first started doing xtc, I only did it on special occasions or when I'm out clubbing. I usually do 1 pill a weekend and sometimes when I'm busy I don't even do it at all for a month or two until a special occasion comes up.

Well, I met an old friend in 2005 and he was a bigger etard than I was, and he also sells it. Story is starting to get exciting right?

I started chilling with him again and that's how my life went down hill. I started doing 2-3 every week and by 2006 I was doing 10 or so every week. This was all done only on weekends and sometimes I end up with no sleep for work on monday. It got so bad I ended up doing it even on working days just to give myself a boost at work every now and then.

I ended doing so much that I would grind my teeth like crazy and picked up on a VERY bad habit. I started grinding my teeth while sleeping and I look like a meth user with meth mouth now. Because of it I moved and I lost my social life and self confidence. I work at odd jobs like at the farm or anywhere I don't have to communicate with people much because of my awful smile. I slowly pushed myself away from xtc in 2008 and started doing coke as an alternative. With coke I don't grind my teeth at night anymore....

My teeth is so bad now that I get dirty looks once people notice my teeth and you know how most people are. Sometimes I'd get talked down, but they don't do it directly. Most would just make snide remarks or pretend to whisper, but they know I can hear it.

I been off xtc/coke since my 30th birthday in October of last year and haven't touched it since. I also quit drinking and I'm doing this all on my own because I don't really know where to go for help. I've thought about calling the suicide hotline many times just to try and get some resource for help, but I'm afraid 30 cop cars might end up in front of my house. With all the attention I get nowadays, I really don't need anymore.

Well, it's winter now and I got no work. I still live at home with my parents feeling like there's no hope left for me. I really want to turn my life around and feel normal once more. I want to go out with friends like I used to back then, SMILE, and live life like I once lived. I want to smile at someone and get a smile back instead of the usual dirty look.

Now I just wake up everyday asking myself the same question.....what am I gonna do with myself......?
Old 01-05-2011, 01:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that with your drug problem but it looks like you got over it and stop using all together. You need to take it one step at a time. Your still alone and you have family sponsor which is a good thing. Keep looking for a job in do time you will have one and you can save up for fake teeth to help with your smile. You can also look for an NA/AA meet if you need help with your drug problem.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Eating protein and life.

Originally Posted by eviLution View Post

Well, it's winter now and I got no work. I still live at home with my parents feeling like there's no hope left for me. I really want to turn my life around and feel normal once more. I want to go out with friends like I used to back then, SMILE, and live life like I once lived. I want to smile at someone and get a smile back instead of the usual dirty look.

Now I just wake up everyday asking myself the same question.....what am I gonna do with myself......?
Welcome to the family eviLution.

Hey, there is always, Always, ALWAYS hope. I can understand being upset about your teeth, a great smile is very important in our society and your own self-confidence. A new set of teeth is a huge possibility for your my friend...just don't lose faith. With time the money to get your teeth fixed will come, just keep making the right choices.

I've never done X or coke (I was a professional drunk mainly), but I can relate to you on the suicide hotline and the question you ask yourself everyday (what am I gonna do with myself?).

Just the other day, I was reeling from depression and anxiety so badly from the night prior that I posted about it on this board and the fine folks here helped me. What I didn't mention was the night prior I was having some of the worst anxiety and depression I've ever experienced and I was, quite literally, on my knees praying for the strength to get through it as tears crashed upon my carpet.

I decided to try my luck at a suicide website, not because I was considering suicide but because I figured if the info out there could help calm someone down who is thinking about suicide, it may calm me down. It worked. I also found an anxiety chat room (it was the middle of the night so I couldn't call my family or friends) and those fine folks helped too. Reaching out is the way to do it, just as you have done.

I still ask myself, "what am I gonna do with myself?" everyday but as long as I try to improve in all areas of my life that certainly helps. It is a fortunate thing, a luxury, to be able to ponder such questions really...try to focus on that.

I'm glad you're here, you'll find more support here than you can shake a stick at. The people here, in my opinion and not including myself, are some of the most amazing I have ever encountered. It's one of the few places that kindness is not confused for weakness. The wisdom, love, intelligence, encouragement, and pain that fills this forum on a daily basis is overwhelmingly beautiful - a true orchestra of the human soul.

Stick around and keep posting! Things will get better.

Last edited by Untoxicated; 01-05-2011 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Speling and gramer iz hard.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ACT10Npack View Post
Sorry to hear that with your drug problem but it looks like you got over it and stop using all together. You need to take it one step at a time. Your still alone and you have family sponsor which is a good thing. Keep looking for a job in do time you will have one and you can save up for fake teeth to help with your smile. You can also look for an NA/AA meet if you need help with your drug problem.
Yeah, I had to leave the crowd in order to leave the addiction. It's a lonely life becoming sober, but it's something I had to do. I never really thought about going to NA because I always thought it would cost money. At the moment I don't got a job and we're behind on bills. All this stress from everything is making me feel so desperate for help and google lead me here.
Originally Posted by Untoxicated View Post
Welcome to the family eviLution.

Hey, there is always, Always, ALWAYS hope. I can understand being upset about your teeth, a great smile is very important in our society and your own self-confidence. A new set of teeth is a huge possibility for your my friend...just don't lose faith. With time the money to get your teeth fixed will come, just keep making the right choices.

I've never done X or coke (I was a professional drunk mainly), but I can relate to you on the suicide hotline and the question you ask yourself everyday (what am I gonna do with myself?).

Just the other day, I was reeling from depression and anxiety so badly from the night prior that I posted about it on this board and the fine folks here helped me. What I didn't mention was the night prior I was having some of the worst anxiety and depression I've ever experienced and I was, quite literally, on my knees praying for the strength to get through it as tears crashed upon my carpet.

I decided to try my luck at a suicide website, not because I was considering suicide but because I figured if the info out there could help calm someone down who is thinking about suicide, it may calm me down. It worked. I also found an anxiety chat room (it was the middle of the night so I couldn't call my family or friends) and those fine folks helped too. Reaching out is the way to do it, just as you have done.

I still ask myself, "what am I gonna do with myself?" everyday but as long as I try to improve in all areas of my life that certainly helps. It is a fortunate thing, a luxury, to be able to ponder such questions really...try to focus on that.

I'm glad you're here, you'll find more support here than you can shake a stick at. The people here, in my opinion and not including myself, are some of the most amazing I have ever encountered. It's one of the few places that kindness is not confused for weakness. The wisdom, love, intelligence, encouragement, and pain that fills this forum on a daily basis is overwhelmingly beautiful - a true orchestra of the human soul.

Stick around and keep posting! Things will get better.
I never thought our smile could impact our life so much until I lost it. I felt like I was treated so much better back then and I was always making people laugh because I had confidence to laugh with them without covering my mouth, or holding back a smile.

How is NA like and is it free?
Old 01-05-2011, 02:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Eating protein and life.

AA and NA are both free and many people claim they owe their lives to these programs. I don't have much experience with them but there are plenty here who do and will likely give you more information.

Alcoholics Anonymous :

www.NA.org - the website for the Fellowship of Narcotics Anonymous
Old 01-05-2011, 02:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome eviLution
Glad you found us

I used to be very self conscious about my teeth too - I'd neglected them for many years as an active alcoholic.

After I got into recovery tho it seemed to matter less, but I was still thrilled to eventually have the chance to get them fixed - I'm not an American so I don't know what avenues you have there, but I'm sure if you stay focused and stay clean you'll get there too

Support is vital I think.

I found it can be a little empty just...stopping. I found I had to change myself as much as I had to change my life - but I wanted to - and I'm glad I did.

I hope you do follow up the AA/NA links

D
Old 01-05-2011, 04:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you very much.

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome eviLution
Glad you found us

I used to be very self conscious about my teeth too - I'd neglected them for many years as an active alcoholic.

After I got into recovery tho it seemed to matter less, but I was still thrilled to eventually have the chance to get them fixed - I'm not an American so I don't know what avenues you have there, but I'm sure if you stay focused and stay clean you'll get there too

Support is vital I think.

I found it can be a little empty just...stopping. I found I had to change myself as much as I had to change my life - but I wanted to - and I'm glad I did.

I hope you do follow up the AA/NA links

D
Yeah. The more I started abusing XTC, the more I started neglecting my health.

I felt like I almost overdosed quite a few times, but this one time it was so bad I ended up on my knees asking for help from Jesus. Guess what happened right after?

The church bell rang right after I asked for help. I've lived at that apt for a few months and never really notice the church bell ringing. Maybe I was never really home enough at that time to notice it. Well, that little incident got me questioning myself if it was really an answer to my prayers?

You know what's funny about the whole situation? I'm atheist
Old 01-05-2011, 11:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome. I also found this site from a web search in the middle of the night 15 days ago. I feel so lucky to be here. Stay sober and come back and post. We see you have a beautiful smile.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

I hope you get better and I wish you well.

Please stop using the word "etard".