Notices

The news after my mom comes back from vacation?

Old 01-04-2011, 06:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The news after my mom comes back from vacation?

My mom is on vacation and does not know that I got a second DUI. I got out of probation 6 months ago and the second one over New Years weekend. My mom will get back in a week and don't know what to say to her. She will get upset and really get nervous when she gets back and hear the news. It's going to be harder this time because I'm between jobs and have been looking for sometime now.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ACT10Npack - I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason and since you can't change what has happened (and let me tell you how I wish you could), just tell your mom what happened and that you are seeking help.

Don't beat around the bush and sugarcoat it or lie because it won't help. Just tell her the truth. You will feel better once you tell her and get all the anxiety out of your system that is building up.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I don't know what state you live in but a 2 DUI can be a big deal. I've heard that a first time DUI does not necessarily make one an alcoholic but a second one is a good indicator. Be honest with your mom and get some kind of help before your next court date. It will look better for you and you probably need it.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ACT - the hardest part for me was telling my parents. the worst part of the night i got arrested wasnt the fact that i was in jail or in handcuffs or whatever else might have happened that night.. it was making that phone call to my father to tell him where i was and what i did.. i have never felt so low and lost in my life. i couldnt help but to cry at that point.. i knew i let them down so much but they are your parents and no matter what they will love you and be by your side
Old 01-04-2011, 07:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dismember

Tell her straight no chaser.

I suggest that because I believe if it was so easy just to by-pass her that you wouldn't have started this thread to begin with.

Just my suggestion. I think you would be much more sane if you just told her and dealt with the short term reprecussions that trying hard to bury it for the long term.