Notices

Newcomer

Old 01-04-2011, 03:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newcomer

Hello. I would like to introduce myself. I am a 39 year old man who has a serious cocaine problem. I have been doing cocaine regularly since I was 16 and I am now starting to feel very serious physical and psychological effects. I have a 10 year old son who is depending on me and I need help. Please if anyone can give me advice on how to proceed please let me know. I would like to try and quit immediately.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi phillyfan005

Welcome

I've never used cocaine, but I know lots of our members will have experience to share.
You may also want to look at our substance abuse forum

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Have you tried a recovery group like NA or SMART yet?
D
Old 01-04-2011, 04:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Phillyfan!

I am glad that you found us and that you have decided to live a sober life. It might be a good idea to talk to your doctor.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR phillyfan Best to get to a detox as soon as possible and then it really depends on you but you will need a plan after the detox, like going intio a rehab or going to NA or SMART meetings or another peer support group.

Talk to your Doc about the options and I am sure others here will have advice relevant to your country and state. I am in Australia and its simple here, detox then recovery whatever that is for you.

Remember its our lives we are saving.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome to the forum. It takes some courage to reach out, so give yourself some kudos for that. I don't know anything about cocaine addiction (my problem was alcohol), but getting sober/clean from any addiction is pretty much the same process. There's a section on this forum specifically for substance abuse which you may want to check out:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information