new and in need of support

Old 11-04-2003, 10:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

new and in need of support

I've been with my A for about 8 years now. He wasn't into alcohol heavy until about 5 years ago. This was about the time that his parents divorced and really didn't make it a point to see if he needed help dealing with it. He became more and more depressed as time went by and now here we are 3 DUI's later. I just had a baby with this man 3 months ago and we moved in together about 9 months ago. i thought having a baby with him would lessen the depression and drinking and it did for a while. BUt now he is worse then ever. just last week i decided enough was enough. i have my son to worry about now and he came home drunk after work so i left with the baby and went to my mom's. HE must have snapped and jumped into his trunk to get out of the house and avoid being alone. well he got into a minor accident and ran from it b/c he has no license and didn't want to get caught again. the cops tailed him and he lead them on a high speed chase and crashed his truck into a tree. then he got out of the truck and ran on foot. the police finally caught up to him and put him in jail.

unfortunately he has family on the force and they did something (once again) to get his butt released. meanwhile i thought he'd be in jail for good and we'd lose the house and all our stuff since he wouldn't be working. he got out the next day and called me to come home. of course i did. i love this man, i have a baby with him. he cried and apologized and told me he is sick of living this kind of life. he seems like he is really committed to getting help this time. i only half believe him though. alcohol has been a part of our relationship for so long. i'm not sure i can trust him. i want him to get help and don't want to hamper his recovery with my negativities. i've finally decided that i need to seek help too to deal with all this. i just can't risk having my son being subjected to this against his will. i told my fiance that his son doesn't have a choice in the matter. he needs someone to make a choice for him and i choose for him to have better. i hope my man realizes he may lose his son and commits to his recovery process.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

ANGEL,

WELCOME to S.R. Know you are not alone unless you chose to be...You can come here as often as you like...We understand as few others can....We live or have lived with the family disease of alcoholism too......

Please read the power posts at the top of this forum...They will help you understand the disease he suffers from...For your son , Try to find an Al-Anon meeting you can go to...We all need a support group to help us with this disease...

Love and prayers from one who cares
Old 11-04-2003, 11:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi ((angela)))
the proof is in the action not the words.
Of cource we've been diappointed so many times its
hard to believe.
As Daffodil stated, it would be good to find an alanon
meeting which will gently lead you into your own recovery,
if your husband finds recovery or not, we can go forward with
our own lives and find happiness.
God Bless your journey
hugs
liddy