new twists and turns down the road of recovery

Old 01-01-2011, 04:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new twists and turns down the road of recovery

so it seems with some time and space from the a, no contact with alcoholic family, there are other things which are coming out....my youngest daughter has issues. No one wants to think of this, but digging a little deeper i think she may be exhibiting bipolar issues. and it says it is common in kids who come from alcoholic/addicted families. no surprise there. it leads to the question though, which came first? did my families of origin have mental probs that they medicated with alcohol? maybe. I tend to believe that our addictions are symptoms. but yet there is the argument that abuse leads to mental probs too, which is totally understandable. My fears are always how my actions have or will affect my children, and the youngest i could clearly see, if nothing changes for her she would definitely be going down the lane of numbing her pain with drugs.

I don't want her taking any drugs for bipolarism either. I know that i had that issue when i was younger, in my twenties-i thought it was more of the manic highs and lows which i eventually came out of, but now i wonder how manic has my life been? Now i am looking down the road of my childhood (again) to see at what point my mental state started to turn for the depressed.

Maybe this also explains why my life has attracted so many loony birds. I really did think i was normal and all this time..........