OT - XAH reminded me of....

Old 12-31-2010, 02:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT - XAH reminded me of....

So this may be a bit uncharitable, but..... The divorce hearing a was the first time I had seen XAH in a while (luckily, I haven't seen him since). I found it really hard to look at him, but was astounded at how he is presenting himself now. When we were together, he would wear dockers and rugby shirts, rather clean-cut. Now he has let his sideburns grow rather mutton choppish, his hair looked kind of what I would imagine deadlocks would look like if super short. Grungy, but clean.

He reminded me of some one, but I couldn't put my finger on who. Until tonight. I've been watching Shaun the Sheep with DS and it was the episode where the animals clean the yard by exploding a vacuum in the house and the farmer shows up and yells at the animals when the trash spills out h food. The farmer has thinning red hair and some serious mutton chop sideburns. Take away the glasses, and it's him. XAH clueless as to who he's hurt ...... Bleahbbbbbhhhhhhhhh. Does ohe elses' x remind them of a cartoon caracter? Care to share.?
Old 12-31-2010, 03:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

My XAH doesn't remind me of a cartoon character but he did grow a goatee (after years of mocking anyone wearing one I might add) when he moved in with the OW. He became XAH from the mirror universe!! Reminds me of Flexo and Bender from Futurama...
Old 12-31-2010, 12:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He used to remind me of James Allodi in Men with Brooms. Now the farmer from Shaun the Sheep. Quite the change. I guess that will help with the missing him should that ever resurface.

On a related note of appearances changing... I was drying my hair this morning with an old white towel. Looked in the mirror and darned if that towel wasn't shedding. My first thought.... Time to toss the towel..... Closer inspection. Nope. There's a lot of silver that I would have seen if I parted my hair a different way.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bookwyrm View Post
(after years of mocking anyone wearing one I might add)
Yep, XAH used to make fun of anyone with muttonchops or even just long-ish sideburns. I'm thinking it was envy then and maybe trying to look young for the GF now. Or maybe that's what he thinks outdoorsy guys look like and they're all outdoorsy people now..... Ppppphfth.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

my NA friend reminds me of a DUCK..with all that quacking he does....