Notices

Back at it again.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back at it again.

I know I am not alone in taking far too long to step away from the drink. I got pretty sloshed last night and felt sick all day. I made it to work looking awful- and wanted that hair of the dog quite a bit. However I have no money for beer! There is a large bottle of opened wine in the refrigerator belonging to my roomie. I was tempted and did not give in. I hope I can do the same tomorrow after work. I am getting a proper meditation cushion soon and so I will be able to practice daily- this has helped immensely in the past, so I am happy to have that on the horizon. I am not asking for advice, I am only posting so I don't feel so alone. Best to you all.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're definitely not alone.
Like I've said before it took me many many runs at this.

D
Old 12-31-2010, 12:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang on Sleepie....you really CAN do it....i am living proof.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Hi Sleepie. You ain't alone. Keep coming back
Old 12-31-2010, 01:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We're all in it together, Sleepie. Whether it's been one day or ten years, we are all the same distance from our next drink.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep pushing Sleepie and don't give in. Make today that day!
Old 12-31-2010, 04:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sleepie, Glad you posted about it instead of suffering alone. We are right there with you & always will be.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hugs Sleepie... Keep posting to let us know how you are doing.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope it doesn't take you as long as it took me to finally stay sober. I'm having the best year of my life since staying sober for a year and am hoping that the new year will be your best year yet.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's not how many times you fall down that matter, it's how many time you get back up that do.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Hey sleepie, how about ending 2010 and beginning 2011 on a great note by not drinking today? I see the turn of the calendar as a new beginning of sorts. Perhaps it could be one for you. Much love to you and hope you have a great day.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Dismember

Hey Sleepie, only important thing is that you're back and ready to try something better and new.

Still a dues-paying member of Team Sleepie.

I love the meditation plan too. I need to push myself to do that more. It used to help me oodles too.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks all. I work tonight until 11, all I have to do is not stop off anywhere on the way back. Party invites abound. I slept poorly last night, with a head full of nightmares. It was a convergence of nearly every anxiety dream I can have! The parents, being in high school again, having 2 jobs and being late to one, my phone being shut off, being lost... A lot for one night. However, (sorry to ramble) I did stand up to my birth incubator ( my "mother") in all the mess. She used to frighten me with knives as a child and I told her in my dream that I would call the cops if she ever did it again. Maybe it means I am feeling stronger, who knows. Jung would be proud.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Keep quitting until you get sick of quitting. At some point you're going to look at booze as the inanimate object that it is. It has no stock, ownership or rights over your life. When it really agrivates you, treating you like it's slave, then you tell it to p!ss off and part ways forever.

Like the lover who robs you of your money, berates you in public, beats you like a punching bag, calls your work nonstop with arguments, cheats then soils you, and has no plans of changing anything until you are left cold, alone and broken, in the streets, so too is alcohol.

We all deserve better. It just takes so much abuse before we tell it to hit the road, and move on to the better life that's waitng and it's all as easy as never drinking one sort of liquid again. No money, no divorce courts, no restraining orders.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:56 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Thanks all. I work tonight until 11, all I have to do is not stop off anywhere on the way back.
Or. Or... Or you could go to an AA meeting. Why not try something, anything, everything different?

I had to change who I was or the same me will drink again. Maybe this is true with you too? AA removed the obession of drinking, but I'm not special as it can work for you too.

(I know you said no advice, but I had to say it).

Great job posting here and I'm always here to help.

Kjell
Old 12-31-2010, 01:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Did the AA thing.