Dysfunction Junction

Old 12-29-2010, 10:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awakening

Dysfunction Junction

I'd talked to LMC about an hour ago, I'd called her mom in reference to a Dr.s appointment next week. LMC sounded distant and "annoyed" for what ever reason. Luckily I've learned not to obsess about whatever mood she happens to be in at any given time, however it used to really bother me, what with wondering what was wrong/going on down there, etc..

She just called me back, totally different, upbeat mood. Told me she had a Christmas present that was a monkey dressed like a pirate (the Christmas at her mom's had a pirate theme since they live on a coastal island) that sings, and she played it and wanted to know if I could understand the "pirate song".

The song was "15 Men on a Dead man's Chest".....yo,ho,ho, and a bottle of rum. Any way she asked me if she could bring it home, I said, of course?

Then she added that the live in boyfriend had said I probably wouldn't let her because "it sang a drinking" song.

Nice.

Of course I'm cast as an unreasonable "teetotaler" because I sobered up and don't believe alcoholic drinking and kids mix. Ha!

Luckily what other people think of me is none of my business....thanks CatsPJ's, which doesn't change the fact that I'd like nothing more than to jack-slap that fool. But I won't. A man can dream, can't he?

Thanks ans God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Coyote,
I am guessing that LMC was the most mature person there. It is very annoying when adults don't know better than that.

My xh's wife used to tell my kids that I was crazy, controlling, stupid, etc. That was when they were young and visiting their dad and her. They were intimidated by her, and could not defend me, without loosing the bats of he!!. I really hated her those days, but could not do much about it, or the kids would not have been able to see their father (such as he was and is).

She recently made the dumb mistake of saying the same sort of things to me in an email, forwarded to my kids too. Needless to say, she is not the leader of the pack anymore, and they see her for the sick person she really is, and always was.

Paybacks are H@!!, aren't they?

hugs,
chicory
Old 12-29-2010, 10:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Then she added that the live in boyfriend had said I probably wouldn't let her because "it sang a drinking" song.
All the thinking about coyote, what will he say, what will he think, he is such an unreasonable man, and could fall apart if he hears a toy say the word rum!

which doesn't change the fact that I'd like nothing more than to jack-slap that fool. But I won't. A man can dream, can't he?
is a jack-slap like a b!tch slap? okay, i will dream of it too!
ho ho ho and a bottle of rum!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This completely brought Captain Jack Sparrow to mind. (sigh, I've had a crush on Johnny Depp since 21 Jump Street - and he does a lot of work with Make a Wish Foundation, which just makes him even cooler)

What a dodo. I'll dream of jack-slapping him, too. I'd imagine that if enough of us do, his head should be fairly ringing without having had a hand laid on him - serves him right.

Will restrain myself from ranting about how XAH celebrated Christmas with DS, because it's nothing I can control - I couldn't even if we were living together so, ppppppfth. I'll just include XAH in the imaginary jack-slapping.

Yo ho, yo ho.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dear Coyote,

Although logically we know what others say/think of us should make no difference for some reason this is an area of trouble for me. I swear it takes me weeks to get over and process when someone zings me in a spot that is vulnerable.
Dont you feel silly trying to be a caring and proactive parent. Geez. She is lucky to have you!!!!!! She will thank you one day when she understands the big picture.

Hugs
Lulu
Old 12-29-2010, 12:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jack-slap is going to be my new saying. I used to say that I would "go all street on ya" but I officially like jack-slap more! LOL.
You should be proud of LMC (I know you are)
Happy New Year.
M
Old 12-29-2010, 01:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Dude needs to 'check himself before he wrecks himself'!

Yo ho ho and a bottle of scum!
Old 12-29-2010, 01:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Sounds to me like she got the child to dangle some bait in front of you
and you didn't jump at it.

GOOD FOR YOU DUDE!
Old 12-29-2010, 02:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
Coyote,
I am guessing that LMC was the most mature person there.
I think you just said it all. That comment coming from a guy whose love interest almost died from alcohol a few months ago, and he recently had a heart attack at the ripe old age of 40.

What the hell do you have to do to yourself, for your heart to attack you at 40? Keith Richards' heart hasn't even attacked him, for crying out loud. IDK.

Denial is fascinating to observe, from a distance, that is.

Oh, and yes, jack-slap is the gender correct equivalent of the other. I kind of like "going all street on ya" myself! We'll trade.

Thanks for indulging my rant. I love you guys.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
Dude needs to 'check himself before he wrecks himself'!

Yo ho ho and a bottle of scum!
You so funny.

Coyote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I am grateful the one in that house is someone else and not you anymore coyote.
I am so glad LMC is so smart and has you.
I am in a cabin watching clouds passing. Small clouds in the bright blue sky. That is what this event is..... just a passing cloud... watch it leaving...
Old 12-29-2010, 03:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ok, Cap'n Coyote, I see you as the pirate,

so what is her loud mouth boyfriend......the Parrot or the monkey?

Old 12-29-2010, 04:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well, I'm glad you can laugh at it, Coyote! That's the spirit! (Pun intended...)
Happy New Year and thank you for the insights!
Old 12-29-2010, 06:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh Coyote, this made me laugh. I used to call the corner where we lived Dysfunction Junction!

As my kids got older, they really started to see the differences in people. Honestly, I think growing up in some dysfunction served them well. (at the very least, they rolled with it and learned some good life lessons.) As young adults there isn't much they can't handle, and they've learned not to take stuff personally. I'm sorry they had to live in Dysfunction Junction for awhile, but they really know what recovery looks like!

I would guess that LMC will do the same. She has you and your recovery to learn from, and the difference between homes and lifestyles will be more and more apparent as she grows up.

You're a good dad. You guys are lucky to have each other.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by CatsPajamas View Post
Oh Coyote, this made me laugh. I used to call the corner where we lived Dysfunction Junction!

As my kids got older, they really started to see the differences in people. Honestly, I think growing up in some dysfunction served them well. (at the very least, they rolled with it and learned some good life lessons.) As young adults there isn't much they can't handle, and they've learned not to take stuff personally. I'm sorry they had to live in Dysfunction Junction for awhile, but they really know what recovery looks like!

I would guess that LMC will do the same. She has you and your recovery to learn from, and the difference between homes and lifestyles will be more and more apparent as she grows up.

You're a good dad. You guys are lucky to have each other.
Thanks Cats, I'm beginning to agree, that having some dysfunction as a reference point in life, isn't totally without merit.

Coyote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:28 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks Cats, I'm beginning to agree, that having some dysfunction as a reference point in life, isn't totally without merit.
Where else could we develop this finely honed sense of humor?
Old 12-30-2010, 04:26 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

I'm sure LMC is quite aware of who the mature adult is in her life
She's wise enough to make her own decisions in that regard, thanks to your character and your actions.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

"Denial is fascinating to observe, from a distance, that is." - coyote21

I think I hear the Hallajuah Chorus warming up. : )
Old 12-30-2010, 06:09 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

You're such a good dad Coyote. LMC is very lucky to have you. That new BF sounds like an imbicile! Lol.... Some really good replies above and some funny ones...
Old 12-30-2010, 01:19 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'll dream of us ALL slaping him!