FEAR...How Do You Overcome This....???

Old 12-28-2010, 09:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question FEAR...How Do You Overcome This....???

Growing up in an alcoholic house was a fearful place to be..I remember the fighting an yelling...The breaking things and slamming doors...FEAR was Born...Fear seems to feed off of negative thoughts about something that has not yet occurred...FUTURE...How does one overcome this demon called fear ?...I fear rejection so I try to please...I Fear failure so I refuse to take risk...I Fear others so I isolate....Etc...All of this is based on self-centeredness and not Truth..How do I overcome this thing called FEAR ?..DO I ....F.ace E.verthing A.nd R.ecover...Or do I F.ugk E.verything A.nd R.un...Ive Been running all my life and getting nowhere. Im trying my best to recover with Gods help...How Do You Deal and overcome your FEARS ? Thanks, Clean
Old 12-29-2010, 07:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have tried analyzing my fear, removing the fear by myself, either facing it head on or running away, talking about it constantly with who ever whenever it came up. . . all of this made my fear worse.
When I worked the steps I was told that fear is a defect or shortcoming that we need or must put in our 4th step inventory. I am afraid in this situation, and I acted out fearfully here etc. and that's about all the analyzing I do. (We also group the fear with anxiety, phobia, panic, etc.) Then in step 7 I humbly ask my higher power to remove my defects, and that means my fear too. I'm not able to remove it myself but in step 2 I decide to allow my HP to make me sane again. We also go through the steps over and over so fear and our other defects will return from time to time, but asking my HP to remove them has worked for me. Working the steps has saved my life.

Hope that helps =)