7 Years to Hear Normal!

Old 12-25-2010, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

7 Years to Hear Normal!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I talked to my exah today, as he called here to talk to the boys and wish them a Merry Christmas. He sounds so good, someone that I haven't heard in almost 7 years. I was suspisious that he had cleaned up the last time I talked to him a couple of months ago. There is just such a huge difference in conversation, he was asking me question after question, just really family related things. He said "I am sorry for throwing all these questions at you, then he stalled and said I am not using and haven't for sometime now". I said I thought not, you sound really good. It was so plane as day, he wasn't all over the board in conversation, lots of questions but about others and not all about him, plus his voice did not sound like he had just smoked 5 packages of smokes in an hour, you know the harsh voice they get from smoking crack.

But like I said it is coming 7 years since I have heard that side of him. I sincerely wish him well and he finds his way to continue on this path. It must be a real up and down time when they get here, happy they are able to find the way to not use and normality, then I would imagine there is difficulty in finding a way to servive through thoughts of sorrow without grabbing for the pipe to get them through it.

Rose
Old 12-26-2010, 12:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am ever go greatful that I had the support and my HP to have given me the strenght to get up on my 2 feet and move on. I just can't imagine where I would be in life now had I stayed in that situation, surely would not have been a good place.

Rose
Old 12-26-2010, 05:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Rose, I am happy for both of you that he seems to be better and that you two can have a "real" conversation.

You've come a long way. It sounds like he has too. That's all good, even if you are on separate paths today.

Merry Christmas, Rose, love you lots.

Hugs
Old 12-27-2010, 06:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Rose
Thank you for sharing this. I think it gives others hope. Hope that they will be able to survive tough times. Hope that their addicted loved ones can survive addiction.
I hope you had a nice holiday.
gentle hugs
Old 12-27-2010, 01:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think at the beginning we all want to know how long will this go on and we panick for the answer. We learn there is no answer, as each idividual addicted is so different, although they have the same behaviour. What worked for one to clean up doesn't work for another. For today he is clean, For Today, I don't know what tomorrow will bring and that is why for myself I had to work hard to get strong because it would have been so hard to live with.

Rose