Happy Holidays & Update

Old 12-25-2010, 03:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy Holidays & Update

Hi Friends, Merry Xmas and Happy New Year. Once again, I will say maybe next year will be a better year. It is almost comical anymore.

I thought I posted yesterday, but the message suddently disappeared! Can't imagine where it went.

Anyway, just a quick update on my son.

As you may or may not remember, he was sent to jail on 10-10-10 (hmmm? sounds like a lucky number) and, according to his public defender "No-win Quinn" facing 8 years. 8 years for one needle, one syringe and one empty baggie!" Son thought this was ridiculous especially since he had been begging his parole officer to allow him into the Lytton-Springs rehab. He had applied about 3 weeks before his arrest, and was accepted, but parole officer hadn't approved it. OOPS, too late, got arrested instead.

So, after hearing what he was facing, he decided to write to the Judge, the DA, the parole officer and also two more rehab centers. He explained that he was an addict looking to change his life and had been begging for a chance at rehab before this happened.

Well, is this guy lucky or what? He goes to court and the judge says "OK" to his request. DA drops charges. Parole Hearing sentences him to 90 days rehab. He did have to spend 90 days in jail though. Of course, while there he cleaned up and looked wonderful again. He gained weight and wrote inspiring letters. Dumb me, thought he was ready since he had, I thought, hit bottom!

He did his time in county jail then we allowed him to come here until there was a bed opening. He called every day. Just so happened his parole officer was out of town and didn't get back until the 21st, at which time she said (since he was going to meetings, working his steps had a sponsor, etc.,) he could stay out until the 28th.

Well, he did great for the first few days. Hooked back up with a great guy who he was in prison with 3 years ago, and who has been clean since then. He took him under his wing and brought him to meetings and my son was doing great again.

Oops, I smell weed???? Brought it to his attention and right away he says,
as long as I stay away from the speed, I'm ok!" Wrong, not in my house. However, he isn't going out he is sticking around the house, spends most of his time on the computer playing games, but oh well, what do you expect from a 48 year old man, perfection???

I'm putting up with this for just a couple of more days then off he goes. I already told him he could not come back here again because he did not keep his end of the bargain! He said fine; however, he won't have a place to go so I hope they can keep him longer.

Anyway, just wanted to bring you all up to speed. Also still working on the adoption of our great-grandchild. Should be final in May. Parents rights have been severed as of Nov. 7th. She is in contact with her baby brother who is in a foster home. Just heard she's pregnant again due in April. I flat give up! I refuse to talk with her or allow her to talk with the baby. Baby is in preschool and has good days and bad. We are trying to learn how to handle her "temper" which she comes by naturally!!! Got to break her before she gets much older. I am bringing her to counseling!

Ok, gone on long enough. Will try to pop in more often, but so busy and still have siactica so can't sit for very long.

Love you all, miss being here.
Hugs & Kissess, Devastated
Old 12-25-2010, 04:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Dev))) - I'm pretty sure your post is still here....I just checked, under "find other posts" under your name?

Anyway, I still want to see an updated pic of the great-granddaughter I'm glad you are stepping back and letting your son deal with the consequences. As far as your granddaughter being pregnant again? Whew....I just don't have the words for that I'm really glad you are taking such excellent care of the little one you have..I think you are both blessings in each other's lives.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-25-2010, 05:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Here it is Dev, hiding perhaps under the mistletoe just waiting for you.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-2-months.html

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your delightful grandbaby and Mr. Dev (who is also delightful). We need picture updates of course.

Mr. Ann and I are in Florida until the end of February, loving the palm tree Christmas. So no snow complaints from me. Just tropical breezes and lots of birds and nature.

Dev, your son remains in my prayers, so lets both let God and him take care of the rest. You and I have too much living to do to spend our lives living in fear. Worry won't get them clean, and it just adds wrinkles.

Love you lots, and I hereby declare 2011 "Freedom from Fear Year" for all of us.

Hugs
Old 12-25-2010, 06:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Love you lots, and I hereby declare 2011 "Freedom from Fear Year" for all of us.
I put this on my calendar Ann, Freedom from Fear. Wonderful idea.

and i love the new avatar, it reminds me of one of my favorite holiday songs.

"we three kings of orient are,
bearing gifts we travel afar......
cant remember
cant remember
then

child of wonder, child of light
ah, cant remember this either.

but i know it when the music is playing.

Beth

excuse the silly post.
LOL