Notices

Merry Sober Christmas

Old 12-25-2010, 03:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Merry Sober Christmas

Merry Sober Christmas!!

This is the first sober Christmas that I have had since 1999 (b/c) I was pregnant at the time. I'm sure a few christmases before I was drunk too.

Although it has been a tough holiday season in many ways, I am so grateful for many things. My sobriety is # 1, because it makes everything else better.

I am grateful for my journey in recovery even though it is hard it is necessary to live my life to the fullest.

I am not sure where each of you are at this time, but I am so blessed to have SR and I hope that everyone's holiday is going well.

Love to all...

Lori, alcoholic day 117 of sobriety....
Old 12-25-2010, 04:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Merry Christmas to you and to those you love

Well done on your progress
Old 12-25-2010, 04:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Merry Christmas!!!
Old 12-25-2010, 04:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Merry Christmas to you too! Congrats on 117 days sober.
Old 12-25-2010, 04:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi guys.... I hope everyone is having a great sober Christmas. I had been doing well until today. No I didn't drink, but I must have gone through a depressive state for a good 24 hours.

is this normal? I found my anxiety level starting to rise yesterday evening before dinner, yes family was coming over for dinner (no real drinkers, so it was not like I was tempted) but I just started to get really irritable and started to fantasize about knocking back like 6 drinks to ease the stress.

But I made it through the evening, and went to bed in fairly decent time. When I woke up to open presents with my kids (my parents were also over from out of town) I was just dreading the whole day... I wanted to stay in bed..

Yeah my mother really gets on my nerves, but outside of her - she shouldn't be the cause for such anxiety, could it be the alcohol? I am missing it soooo much and didn't realize how much i enjoyed/needed it during the holidays. But I have been sober for over 6 weeks now, are these feelings normal, and if so - please tell me they go away... good grief, I just feel like throwing in the towel all of a sudden with this horrible anxiety attack.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

JoeCree, I had those feelings early on, and today celebrating 9 months without a drink, I sometimes still want to toss back a few to ease the stress. I've always had a bad temper, and since I've stopped drinking I've also stopped being violent when I get angry. I never really got in fights or hit a girl or anything like that, but I would punch walls, throw video game controllers, smash bottles...stuff like that. I still act out, but not in a violent manner, and when I feel that stress I often want a drink.

But I don't have one.

I know what it will lead to, and I can't allow that to happen. So, yeah, those thought still occur; I'm just learning ways to deal with them better.

And to you, maimai, and everyone else, Merry Sober Christmas! Family was drinking around me all weekend, and I didn't feel the desire to join them. The irony of the situation is that the one person who legally can't drive was the one person not drinking. Guess at least I was sober in case of an emergency. But even with some things not going the way I planned, and the snow + icy road conditions keeping me from visiting my dad today, Sober Christmas #1 was the best Christmas I've had yet.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sympathise with you joecree. Christmas time is a really hard time of the year, well it is for me.

Reached my 120 days on christmas day and that helped me somewhat, I didn't want to throw away all that hard wrk and start again.

I have found the last few days so so difficult, I am simply telling myself "I will not drink today"