Getting through Xmas Eve...

Old 12-24-2010, 03:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting through Xmas Eve...

I'm spending Xmas eve wandering around SR and playing Zuma because my alcoholic partner is having a little holiday courtesy of a DUI.
I'm finding it a little hard to stick to the program this evening but rather than sitting here ruminating I thought I'd post what I'm grateful for - to distract my busy little brain!

I'm so very thankful for...
Al Anon and the sanity I get from those very special rooms.
My family, my pets and my home.
The ability to study something I'm passionate about.
My health and wellbeing, and that of all the people I care about.
Being well enough to post this instead of sitting here crying with a glass of wine and a box of tissues.
Getting to see the pure joy and amazement on my kids faces tomorrow morning.

Merry Christmas everyone
Hugs to all, especially all those who arent feeling particularly blessed right at this moment
Old 12-24-2010, 03:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Scooter, I'm wandering around SR too this Christmas Eve...Happy Christmas Eve! My little one is STILL awake! She's over excited I think. So, your A partner is having a 'holiday', My ex A is always on holiday now. Just him and the booze!. Thankyou for sharing what you're grateful for. I'm here with my kids alone too and this Christmas, I actually feel happy. I'm happy and grateful I can give them a good Christmas this year...all the best to you and your kids for tomorrow!
Old 12-24-2010, 03:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thankyou and you too ;-)
Old 12-24-2010, 04:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

There is also Pogo.com which is International and has LOTS of free games to play and 'anonymous folks0 to just chat with about lots of things while playing.

I have found Pogo a great way to get me out of a current "problem" and I get to see some folks that may have it better than me and some that may have it worse.

Sometimes I just play and read the 'chat' going on in the room and don't respond to it, lol

You won't be alone on Christmas Eve or Christmas!

Love and hugs,
Old 12-24-2010, 07:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rising from the Ashes

Merry Christmas to everyone! What I'm hoping for is to regain my zest for life that I had after I came out of my vascular dementia. My vascular dementia, to me, was like I was in a coma. I don't remember anything about that period of time. I was told that I was corresponding to people, so I can't say I was actually in a coma. But I knew when I came back into reality. At first I was startled when I found out it was about two weeks later than what I could remember. However, I was HAPPY to be back into REALITY! I had a new zest for my life. One of the first times I got out of bed at the post acute rehab hospital I tried to walk by myself. I was trying to walk to the dresser where my clothes were being kept. Well, I didn't make it......and fell flat on my ass. It felt soOOOO GOOD to me to actually feel the pain, that I actually just sat there laughing at myself waiting for assistance!